1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn out a Burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by marshall2, Feb 13, 2005.

1. marshall2

marshall2 Member

Hello , I am having problems with my sony burner. It seems to be very slow and my roomate told me that you can burn out a burn. Is this true at all? I am using DVD shrink and Nero 6 for my software. Any hints would be great

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

not really enough info. how many burns have you done with the sony? have you tryed setting your burn speed higher 4x is recommed.you might need a fireware update also.make sure your machine is defraged too and c drive cleanup.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i meet firmware..sorry lol

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

There are many things that can cause a slow down.One of the main reasons, is that your data transfer has switched for dma to pio mode,check out this post:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/76265
    good luck
    jD

5. marshall2

marshall2 Member

I checked the data transfer mode, it seems to be in the correct mode. What is that firmware you are talking about?

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Go to the manufacturer of your burners website, and search for firmware.Make sure you know the exact make, and model, of your burner, as a bad flash will kill your burner.

7. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

[bold]Hey JIM DANDY give me back my sig you thief![/bold]

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

[bold]HEY CKY_2084 I HAD IT BEFORE YOU...and we wont even talk about seniority...newbie [/bold]

9. marshall2

marshall2 Member

Ok my model is sony DW D-18A. I have burned about 300 plus moives in about 3 months. I did email sony but my model didn't appear on their website. I got this burner off e-bay