1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn problem with nero 6

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by aflame, Nov 16, 2003.

1. aflame

aflame Member

Hello to everyone

I am trying to backup final destination 2 (it's my first backup attempt)
    I used dvd decrypter, dvd2one and then nero...

Although it seems to burn the dvd succesfully, when i try to play it on a ps2, it refuses completly (not readable), and when i play it on the pc, it plays 3-4 chapters and then i get a message of damaged disk!

Note that i have burned it on 3 different disks (2RW, 1W) with the same result and tested it on 2 different pc drives.
    Also, the ripped movie plays fine from the hard drive.

If someone knows what is the problem please help beacause i can't figure it...

Thanks!

2. billymta

billymta Member

maybe you should try to back it up using dvdshrink and then you will know if its a media problem

good luck

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Sounds like a cheapo media issue to me. Cheapo discs often become unreadable, the further into the movie u get.

I can't get my PS2 to playback +RW's, but it plays +R's just fine.

Also....my PS2 won't play my full disc backups with menus and all, but it'll play the movie-only backups. Go figure.

Tho PS2's will play movies....they aren't the ideal player for testing your copying prowess. In addition, I've read that watching movies on a PS2 ages the PS2 quickly. Drop 79 bux and get yerself a standalone.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I noticed a bit of damage (tiny scratch) on the edge of Pearl Harbor but burned it to a disc anyway. as the movie ended it started freezing and then it just quit. This was on Memorex-R media and playing on my PS2. I had burned a test movie on -R/W media and it worked fine. I thought the -R disc was a coaster untill I played it in my cheapo DVD player, it played fine. I think I'll use the PS2 for games only, Im sure it's tired of my abuse.

5. aflame

aflame Member

I finally got it working...
    Somehow the problem i guess that was on the decryption proceedure and not the burning.

I skipped DVD Decrypter & DVD2one and used only dvd shrink.

I don't know what was wrong and in which of the 2 programs was the problem, i got through their settings many times.

After dvd shrink the burned copies of nero played fine!

ps. bodene the ps2 indeed doesn't play rw although they're supposed to (according to the specifications i read).

Thanks everyone