1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn process stops/freezes while burning...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BlakNiteX, Feb 10, 2005.

1. BlakNiteX

BlakNiteX Guest

Alright I am new, so I don't know much about what to look for with problems, but here is what I have a problem with.

Some movies, like 3 Muskateers, seem to stop mid-burn.
    I can rip the movie no problem, and all of the files save on the computer with ease. However, when it's time to burh the backup, the movie gets the burn process started, and gets to about 66% or so, but then it sits at the burn process for as long as it's left alone until i end up canceling it. There is no error message that pops up, the drive just stops burning, and 'sits' at the 66% mark, and that's it.

I have currently tried this on both Nero Express 2 SE, and DVD Shrink 3.2... I'm using an external DVD backup drive on my laptop, a 16X Mad Dog DVD+RW drive, connected by a USB cord... i've double and triple-checked the cords to make sure they're secure, waited to see if ANY error message pops up, but nothing. Are there any other procedures I should try or any other programs to run first? This doesn't happen on ALL dvd's, only a few select ones... I know it can't be a disc problem b/c the blank media is new of course, and the backups are saving to the HD no problem...?

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

seems an odd problem? did you rip with dvd decrypter? if not do it and use shrink to compress (did you use this app?) then set shrink to burn with dvd decrypter...

if that dont work check your drives! as multiple error/faults will set your DMA on drives lower each time till they are PIO mode!

3. BlakNiteX

BlakNiteX Guest

Hmm.... ok so I should try using DVD Decrypter with DVD shrink instead of DVD Shrink with Nero? How do I set the default burn program from Nero to the Decrypter? (kinda new at this still.)

Also, how exactly would I check the external drive for what you mentioned? Where would I find the settings for the DMA mode, and exactly where do they need to be to be away from PIO mode? I've never heard of that mode before...? That last part just went completely over my head.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

CHECKING DMA IN DEVICE MANAGER

[​IMG]

RIPPING DVD

[​IMG]

SETTING SHRINK

[​IMG]