1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Ps2 Game with verbatim DVD+R 16x?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ZeroCrack, May 29, 2007.

1. ZeroCrack

ZeroCrack Guest

Well, i bought a pack of Verbatim DVD+R 8x at sams's club. I know how to rip and burn Ps2 game and those DVD work very well. But couple weeks ago, i ran out of DVD. i came but to sams's club to buy some more but they dont have Verbatim DVD+R 8x anymore, they only have Verbatim DVD+R 16x. So my question is that can i burn my ps2 game with Verbatim DVD+R 16x with half speed (8x).

Also, I went to best buy and found Verbatim DVD+R 8x Digital Movie, And i also find a 10 pack of Verbatim DVD+R 8x gradcard (i dont remember extacly), but those dvd is special from other verbatim DVD cause it has some extra layer to protect DVD and make it last longer. So Another of my question is that can i burn ps2 game with one of the DVD above?

2. xCaliban

xCaliban Member

I use Verbatim 16x DVD+R (with Lightscribe) burned at 4x for all my games and I have yet to have a problem with loads, skipping or anything. I think they're great discs and will continue using them!!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I personally prefer 8X discs as well. BUt you can use 16X discs too. Most retail stores always carry the latest and greatest, which right now is 16X speed. Only way to get 8X all the time is by ordering online. You can get them at Supermediastore.com right now on sale.
    Verbatim 8X DVD+R Datalife 50 pack $23.99 each or $19.99 if you buy 2
    It has free ground shipping.
    I buy all my Taiyo Yuden 8X discs there.

Last edited: May 30, 2007