1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn PS3 ISO to disc...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by astro_boy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. astro_boy

astro_boy Member

I would like to find out whether is it possible to burn PS3 iso which is smaller than DVD capacity to DVD and play it on PS3?

I tried using Nero but when I insert the disc into PS3 it just read as data disc, could not launch the game.

I thoght ISO is the exact image of the original disc? I rip the disc to ISO myself using Fedora Core 5.

Please help...

2. fazes23

fazes23 Guest

ofcourse not.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

It wont boot as it is not a 100% exact duplicate (the info of the game yes but not the boot part). But when a loader gets released it *supposedly* will boot as the PS3 has no media checks (from my understanding). So if you have a title like Fight Night on BD and make an iso of it using FC5 of YDL you could burn it using Nero to a single layer DVD5 or for a bigger title like RR7 on BD then you could use a dual layer DVD9.

4. astro_boy

astro_boy Member

Currently, I have a few games like Gundam, Gundam Musou, Fight Night Round 3 duplicate on DVD. Hope that the loader can emerge fast so that I could use the duplicated DVD on PS3!!!