1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn questions

Discussion in 'PS2' started by entelex, Jan 14, 2005.

1. entelex

entelex Member

I have a few simple questions I'd appreciate answered:

1) Are all PS1 games on CD? Are there any on DVD, or is that just strictly PS2 games?
    2) Can PS1 games be burned onto DVD-R discs, even if the game is originally on CD?
    3) Can PS2 games that are on CD (with the purple bottom) be burned onto DVD-R discs?
    4) Is the NEC DVD burner the best quality burner out? (just your opinion, of course)

Thanks.

2. Atom_224

Atom_224 Member

1 ps1 games are all on cd
    2 i believe the ps1 game checks to make sure it is on a cd & cds are cheaper than dvds anyway.
    3 they have cd checks i think. why would you want to waste a blank dvd on a cd game? although it would be cool to put like 6 cd games on a dvd with a menu. very hard though.
    4 i am using my 2nd nec drive. first was a dvd+r 1100, now I use the 2500. very good drives, no trouble with them and they are cheap.

Atom

3. entelex

entelex Member

Well, everyone suggests using the highest quality DVD-R discs for backups. I'm new to this area of gaming so I didn't know if the PSX2 would be able to read CD data from a DVD-R disc and if the performance would be better.

Would you consider the NEC to be top quality though?