1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Settings Grayed Out

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jjsint, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jjsint

jjsint Member

Hi
    First time posting but have been persusing site for months. I have been cruising along using DVD Decrypter to burn to my hard drive and DVD Shrink to burn to disc. I have burned over 200 Taiyo Yuden discs without a hitch . . until now.
    The "Burn Settings" of DVD Shrink is grayed out and nothing I try allows me to use it. I saw that someone had similar problem sometime ago and the solution of uninstalling the program (using Windows XP's Remove Program option) and reinstalling worked find initially. I have done that twice but now that no longer works for me. I have latest versions of Decrypter, Shrink and Nero updates.
    Any ideas?

2. calhounm

calhounm Guest

what all have you reinstalled

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Did you start having problems with the last nero update?(6.6.0.12) Are you sure you have the "Enable burning with Nero" checked in preferences under the File I/O tab? I backed up darkness, Lemony Snicket's and Blade trinity with shrink and the latest nero without a problem, but I did notice that NeroVision Express3 did not work anymore and that there were other people having problems with it. I have since reinstalled 6.6.0.8 and now everything works fine.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  4. jmet

jmet Regular member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  5. jjsint

jjsint Member

I currently am running DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15
    DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
    I have the Nero burn software which came bundled with the computer (bought in January of this year) with the latest updates.

I do have "Enable Burning with Nero" ticked in the preferences.

I find that I can save the Shrink encoding as an iso image file and then open Nero and burn as usual with no problems. Its an extra couple of steps but at least I am back in business.

Any difference in quality between saving the encoding as an iso image file or saving as a hard disk folder (Video_TS)?

6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

jjsint ,
    No difference