1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn soft wear?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jebus05, Mar 24, 2005.

1. jebus05

jebus05 Member

I need new burning soft wear Neros killing me its dieing out on me and stuff so any ideas on a good program that can burn boths DVDs and Cds?

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

just a suggestion but nero is one of the best burning programs around, you would be better off figuring out whats wrong with it than resorting to a second tier program. What errors are you getting? try a re-install

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I have to agree with deadcat.

Better to try and resolve issues than just goto another software package.
    Post your specific issues, and across the forum we maybe able to help resolve your issues.

However, if you do decide to 'dump' Nero have a look at Recordnow.
    http://www.sonic.com
    It does not contain all 'the bells and whistles' that Nero has BUT does make a very good simple burning application for dvd's and cd's.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

maybe its not nero , maybe something else is causing the upsets on your pc.
    What programs are installed on your pc?
    What are the issues?

5. reetann

reetann Guest

Jebus I have given up on Nero also. Found an old programme I had Roxio easy DVD copy it copies from cd to cd or dvd to dvd if dvd encrypted also copies from hard drive after you have decrypted it will even transcode to fit onto one disc dvd.
    I joined this site for help with Nero nothing solved my problem.Instant copy Pinnical also does the same as roxio.

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

reetan, i think i've been replying to one of your posts.... your nero problems might be due to haveing stuff on there like roxio - the two don't play ball, at all. what other stuff you got installed ?

i used to swear by roxio stuff, way back when they a/ made decent software, and b/ before they were called roxio (can't remember the name of the orig company). their burning software sucks now, in my opinion, for me personally they broke v5 of easy cd creator when i'd used their older versions for years. v5 was more buggy than a buggy thing (think it was called platinum). Then i went Nero and haven't looked back since..

7. reetann

reetann Guest

Creaky quite right you have replied to other posts I have posted.When my problems started with nero I logged onto this site for help.I used to swear by nero_On getting no help with my troubles I deleted all of nero.I have two PC's one did not have an internal drive so I purchased an external one,that came with Roxio 6.I bought roxio easy dvd found no troubles at all.On installing an internal drive on this PC I found still no trouble.So have continued using.Buying a new PC it came with an internal drive and nero installed.Then a few weeks down the line nero started its old tricks so I removed all of it and installed the software used on first PC.So far no more troubles.Found it was the cheapest way out instead of keep throwing discs away.No offence meant but seems to me this site promotes nero.
    jebus asked for a good programme as you I am intitled to an opinion.deadcat gave all the advice I had tried I posted the error messages I was getting just the PC crashing or nero taking hours then said 100% complete but would not do anything else.Using task manager error come up this programmes not responding.
    So I have only roxio installed I do know that programmes conflict hence all was deleted.But I will add I have copied nero from hard drive to disc just incase.

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Nero's just very popular, a very good product. As i say , i've used other stuff before, but been using Nero exclusively for donkey's years. The only thing i ever read about Roxio is that it won't co-exist with Nero or vice-versa. Something to do with the drivers/DLLs conflicting or similar. Basically if you prefer or have more luck with any software, stick with it, it's just that sometimes too much similar software is baaad.

I'm using an older version - 6.6.0.0, was leaked onto the web from a magazine or something, and i sometime read horror stories about updates, especially as there's been a raft of updates lately. The only thing that's gonna make me upgrade is if i buy a new burner one day that's not catered for until one of the updates..

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005