1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn speed w/ Decryptor?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by isuballr, Mar 3, 2005.

1. isuballr

isuballr Guest

What speed does everyone burn with? I use 1x but was wondering if anyone burns at faster speeds with no problems.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I would suggest anything up to 4x. I use 2.4x personally.

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

I use 2x. I have used 4x to test my DVDs and burnt successfuly, but I'll wait the extra 6-9 minutes and burn slower.

4. isuballr

isuballr Guest

cool. thanks guys. i've only been burning at 1x cause i was afraid of ruining precious Ritek discs. i do movie backups at 4x though. i'll try a few at 2x for now.

5. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Riteks, IMO are pretty reliable. I probaby have a 95% success rate, if not more. Only coasters I make with xbox games using those discs are the ones that need patches due to DDEs.

Precious? lol, they are a dime a dozen anymore.. search eBay.. my last bulk cost me $200 for 500 blank G04's. G05's are more expensive cause they can write @ 8x, but why bother. Only reason I switched from the G03's to G04's is cause you can't find G03's anymore.

6. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

It does depend on the burner and firmware too (see my other thread re hardware)
    I burned 3 velocity +r at 12x (the discs were 8x)
    they played fine in my sammy (I used a NEC 3520 with 1.25 firmware)
    but as a rule, and if I have time hehe, I would burn at 4x or 8x depending on the disc quality.
    I find Ritek G05 to work excellent when burned at 8x
    shop4tech have em for $35 for 100 free ship.
    Im with BR7..... ritek are great discs. But again if you dont need the 8x, G04 are great quality, albiet slower to burn, but hey if youve got time, use em!
    the velocity I mentioned can be found on amazon $30 for 100 shipped (+r)