1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Speed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigmac6, Feb 27, 2005.

1. bigmac6

bigmac6 Guest

Hi, I read in a forum recently about the burn speed when burning dvd. I can only burn at 0.7x and i read in a forum somewhere how you can change this. I did it at the time and it worked great, I managed to get to 8x. It had something to do with deleting something in Device Manager but i dont remember what. I am burning slow again so wonder if anyone knows the answer? Thanks.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

bigmac6--
    I believe you are referring to the transfer mode in Device Manager--we want to make sure it is set to DMA if available (Direct Memory Access)--Go into Device Mgr then click the + sign in IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers--then right click Primary, Secondary--then click properties--should be set to DMA if available--if not --set it for all--then re-boot and see if it fixes it. Good Luck

Whitfield

3. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Just thought--you can uninstall when you right click--then when you re-boot--windows will find it and install it correctly--

4. bigmac6

bigmac6 Guest

Thank you very much whitfield...you are right and i done as you said and i am burning full speed ahead...once again thanks for reply.

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

No problem--glad to help--

Whitfield