1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn the .iso or .dvd?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by nhlman72, May 19, 2007.

1. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

I've read conflicting reports on this, and according to the noob textbook it says to burn the .dvd file with the write method of XBC, but when I've backed up Wii and other systems I've always loaded the .iso, can you do either?,it doesn't make since seeing how the iso is about 6-8 GB's, you would figure this is the one to burn, since the .dvd file is only 34 bytes. Also, if i want to burn with Imgburn, do I just load the .iso?. BTW, is 6-8 GB's about right for my finished files?, I'm only backing up right now and I'm waiting for my Pioneer burner, so I just wanted to make sure that the rips that I have been doing are coming out correctly, so that when I do burn, there is no problems. Thanks!

2. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Burn .dvd. Thats what i always do. Dont underestimate the small file...it does wonders.

3. nhlman72

nhlman72 Member

so the .dvd works with the .iso?, it would have to because we know that an xbox 360 game is around 7.05GB.

4. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

The .dvd files holds information for .iso file so that the burning program can read the burning information properly.

Since this is an 360 you are burning for and its quite sensitive to burning methods, it always preferably to burn the proper way.

Last edited: May 19, 2007