1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn through dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by pemula2, Mar 10, 2005.

1. pemula2

pemula2 Member

Because dvd shrink no longer likes to burn my dvds with nero, does anybody know how I can do it through dvd decrypter? I did have that option when i clicked 'backup', but i don't know where the options gone. It only has 'burn with nero', 'burn ISO image', and 'backup on hard drive'. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me do it again, as i have found thats the only way i can burn dvd's now.

Do you know why dvd shrink cant burn with nero anymore? When I choose burn with nero, it comes up with a copy protection error on every dvd regardless... This is fustrating because I never had this problem before. And all the dvd's are from the same store, but one day suddenly didnt want to burn them anymore. Anyone else ever had the same problem?

Its wierd, because when I disable the 'burning with nero' option in Edit - Preferences - File I/O, It will encode and back it up to my hard drive, but when I enable burning with nero option, it wont encode at all and comes up with that error. Can there be a problem with my nero? It definately cant be the dvds cos ive already burnt over 120 of the same type...

btw, dvd decrypter doesnt have a problem burning dvds, as long as there not over 4.7 gb - so my dvd rom must be ok. All I need now is for dvd shrimk to be able to shrink them and burn through nero or dvd decrypter...

Thanks in advance,

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  3. pemula2

pemula2 Member

Yeah thats what it looked like before I couldnt do it anymore. But how do I get the option 'burn with dvd decrypter' on the menu? Last time it automatically appeared, but i wantit there again.

I have tried re-installing nero several times.

I know dvd shrink cant remove the copy protection on all dvd's, but i have had a 100% success rate until now, and now i get a 0% success rate. So something is obviously very very wrong.

* I just installed ANYDVD just out of curiosity, and realised it isnt a program, and just an appliction (I think) The funny thing is though, that now when i use dvd shrink, and select backup and burn with nero, it will go through the encoding process when it ususally wouldnt. It also successfully burns my dvd through nero, but i cant play the dvd on any of my 3 dvd players in the house. But when i open the burnt dvd in dvd shrink, i can watch it. Do u know why?

4. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

If you have DVD Decrypter installed - you must have moved it from it's orginaly place. Reinstall DVD DVD Decrypter and after that reinstall DVD Shrink - that should solve your problem.

5. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2005
  6. pemula2

pemula2 Member

Thanks for your advice. I re-installed the programs as you said and in the order that you said, and i updated my version of nero. I can now burn through both nero and dvd decrypter. Thanks once again :)

7. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Good deal. I'm glad your problem was solved.