1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn time too long

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by junkbeast, Oct 13, 2004.

1. junkbeast

junkbeast Member

hi. i have an external pioneer dvr-108 16x burner. the dvd discs i am using at the moment are 4x. the last few movies i have burned are going at about 0.68-0.99 speed. anyone have any idea why this might be happening? thanks.

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  3. hijacker

hijacker Guest

If your DVD burner is 16x write speed like you say,Then if you bought a 4x DVDR then it will only burn to that speed of the disc.Buy discs with faster writing speeds for compatiblity and speed.Unless price and speed is not your concern.

4. kbillups

kbillups Member

How about if you have a 16x DVD+R burner, you have 4x media, but DVD Shrink tells you that it is burning at 2.4x?

Veblin most people wouldn't know what DMA is to look it up, let alone how it would apply to DVD writers. If you really want to be helpful, post answers for peoples questions rather than copping the typical forum expert attitude.

5. junkbeast

junkbeast Member

the 4x discs started burning at 12x, oddly enough, out of nowhere. thanks everyone. don't be so hard on veblin. he's probably a communist or something.

i wonder what he posted before he edited his message, though.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004