1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn times descrepencies

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by billmex, Oct 22, 2004.

1. billmex

billmex Guest

I use a sony 500a burner and i have burned at least500 dvds at 4x, around 16 minutes, i installed sp2 and it did not work, i fromat my hard disc and reloaded everything, i cannot burn at 4x any more only 2x,. i am in dma mode 2 with the burner, i have checked the aspi, i use neros, i have download the latest firmware 2.1a for the burner, i cannot think of anything else, can anyone shead some light on what is wrong? Thanks for any respones

2. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

I'm a little confused - did you reinstall SP2 after reformatting your hard drive, etc.?

3. jbjohnson

jbjohnson Member

I have the same problem. I installed the service pack and now i can only burn at half the speed of my burners max. I have the same proble on two different computers. One is a sony vaio and the other is a new dell laptop. I think the service pack effected nero somehow.
    [bold]What can be done to fix this problem?[/bold]

4. Meycam1

Meycam1 Guest

HI, These boards are really helpful! But on the topic I am using I Copy dvds2 & dvd43. My burner is also much slower then before. if I go back to a windows restore point will it get rid of all SP2 files? .Also my burner came installed in my pc does anybody know how I can find out what brand and model number it is. My pc is a Gateway.Thanks

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

SP 2 is a problem on many systems. I don't know if a system restore will correct it back to SP1 or not. I have not installed SP2 and have been suggesting a 6 month waiting period, but many people think everything Microsoft puts out should be installed right away.

Meycam1, download this tool (its free). It will give you all the information you need on your drive as to make, model, firmware version. It also does the same for blank media.

http://www.dvdinfpro.com.
    Good luck.
    Jerry

6. billmex

billmex Guest

I went to the sony site and found a program called drive speed, i ran it and it failed the test, i gues my burner is kaput, ok thanks for the responses

7. Whisperer

Whisperer Regular member

Two points here:

1. can't you just unintall SP2 from add/remove programs. MS gave you the option of "saving" the SP1 configuration when you loaded SP2 didn't it?

2. maybe a stupid suggestion here, but you ARE using blank media that supports the speed you are trying to burn at right?

8. xxschizo

xxschizo Member