1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burn to hardDrive is suspiciously fast, Why ?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mettam, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mettam

mettam Member

Hi,
    The concern I am having is my new projects are taking 20min to write to HD and my old projects took 4hours everything is the same between the 2 projects except the source material, the slow project has source material in NTSC and the fast projects source material is PAL. it is important to note that the final project is in written out as PAL.

Why is there a dramatic difference in write times (I am writing the projects to Hard Drive at this stage.) ?

Is this huge difference in write times because in the one project I have to convert the NTSC footage to PAL ?

Or is something more problematic like the much faster projects are actually sourcing low resolution high compression preview footage that NERO makes and stores somewhere, maybe NERO does this for the speed of work flow interactivity of course this is an assumption as I don't know if Nero does indeed do this.

Thanks in advance

Justin.

2. colw

colw Active member

Not clear what you are trying to do. I can encode and burn most movies in approx 20 minutes (10m encoding, 10m burning).

If you are trying to convert NTSC to PAL or vice versa, your times will be considerably longer.

3. mettam

mettam Member

What I am doing is digitizing all my old family videos and putting them to DVD, but before I burn to DVD I am burning DVD images to HardDrive.

The first batches of source footage was captured in NTSC the second batch was captured in PAL everything is output to PAL, so in the first Batch it is converted to PAL the second batch doesn't need to be converted. It sounds to me like the huge amount of time it takes to burn has to do with the transcoding, I just want to make sure that this is where the time is being spent and it is not draging in some proxy preview footage to burn.

J