1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Wii Games

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Cooro, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Cooro

Cooro Member

I was just wondering...is it possible to play burned games on the wii if you download the iso files. I realize this would take a long time. Also, do you need the specific LG drive if you are just going to burn the iso file to disc? I am pretty sure I would still need a modchip...if so which is the best one on the market right now? Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated...thanks is advance.

2. dianogah

dianogah Member

sigh.

3. Cooro

Cooro Member

what's with the "sigh" I know I am a total newb at this.

4. thugsrus

thugsrus Member

Downloading the Iso and not owning the original is piracy

You need the LG drive to just Rip games not to burn them

Yes you need a mod chip to play backed up games

Best one on the market is an Opinion

Advice: Theres a search button for a reason

His sigh was because no one knows how to use the search button

Last edited: Jul 3, 2007
  5. dianogah

dianogah Member

im sure you're not a newb at reading and using a search. not to mention everything you need to know is posted everywhere in this forum.

6. Cooro

Cooro Member

I have been searching, but as a big newb to the modding, I would like some info from experienced people. Also, a few of the mod chips claim to be the best and easiest to install, all with good reviews, which is why again I was looking for some info from more experienced users. Thanks.

7. thugsrus

thugsrus Member

About 3 weeks ago I was a "n00b" to modding, I have thought about it but I never wanted to open my game systems...So when I bought my wii I did some small research on Modchips and how to install them a day after that I ordered my chip when it came I looked at a diagram and modded my wii.

Though, if you've ever posted on forums or regulared at forums before you should know if you don't know something use the search button before posting because you will get posts like these.

8. Cooro

Cooro Member

I apologize, I have never modded before, and I have never used or regulared a forum like this, that is what I meant by "noob". I will know for next time, sorry for taking everyone's time with these questions, will check forums more thoroughly next time.

Just had one more question, since you were a noob to modding such a shirt time ago, how hard did you find it to mod the wii? Just wondering as I have never soldered anything to a board before. Thanks, and sorry again.

9. thugsrus

thugsrus Member

I used the wiikey which I bought from www.foundmy.com (official Reseller of the wiikey)

I found it fairly easy though you might want to practice considering the wiikey is a little bigger than a penny...Look for some tutorials on how to solder it