1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burn Xbox360 games in Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by trigga71, Jun 17, 2006.

1. bart1971

bart1971 Member

Ok I'm a total noob so I might say something really stupid but I have a OSX version of CloneDVD. It's not universal binary but it still works great on my Intel iMac (under OSX). Unfortunately it's in Dutch only. Never used CloneCD before so I don't know if it is the same as CloneDVD. I also don't know what steps to take with CloneCD but if you want to help me or try it out yourself be my guest.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  2. beleriton

beleriton Member

Setting the layer break point with Mac OS X.

As far as I can see, its the possability to place the layer break point that is the issue with the existing burn apps for Mac OS X. I have Googled around for a while and if I understand this right I think DvD Studio Pro can set the layer brak point right.

The question is can DvD Studio Pro open the image files or the .dvd files.

If so I think this could be a good solution.

3. beleriton

beleriton Member

I CanĀ“t open .dvd files with DVD studio pro.

Sorry guys.

4. GffMaC

GffMaC Member

5. beleriton

beleriton Member

Thanks mate =)

6. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

I have toast 8 that just came out. Does anyone know if it does layerbreak? i cant find any thing in it.

7. paolo1one

paolo1one Member

some guys here are telling bullshit!!.... clone dvd 2 for mac os x and iburn 360??????????? have you programmed it?????
    go tell shits elsewhere!!! go buy original don't bother us with your shit
    i've tried everything....also things u're going to try in the next months!!there is no way to burn with mac without emulating win-STOP!....listen to someone who have wasted dozens of dual layer!
    no software is good for setting the layer break in os x except dvd studio pro which is completly useful cause it's made just to make dvd video....just dvds with movies inside!do u understand?? clear?????
    use virtual pc parallels or bootcamp with clone cd

8. GffMaC

GffMaC Member

lmao you're so funny.

Sounds like someone got outa the wrong side of the bed!

And yes u can burn in macosx using iburn/terminal, Ive done it with a PPC mac and I know people who have multiple backups working no problems.

Chill

Gff

9. bart1971

bart1971 Member

Since you don't believe me I've uploaded CloneDVD for osx here
    Again, I don't know if this might be of any help at all but at least you know it really excists.

10. wjsteh

wjsteh Member

11. wjsteh

wjsteh Member

Ok. I am trying to follow the above instructions from FINALBOSS on a Macbook Pro. I have downloaded some games from my news server and saved them to my external HD. My superdrive is single layer so I will be taking them elsewhere to write the discs.
    Are the above instructions from FINALBOSS the best way?

12. kyo00

kyo00 Member

I have burn my iso with termianl and now from 2 months use iburn.....work perfecty!!

13. wjsteh

wjsteh Member

Could you be more specific? Is iburn freeware and does it work on intel macs?

14. mikey3k1

mikey3k1 Member

Ok, the easiest way Ive seen so far is to try a very simple app that does the layer break for you. Its called IBURN 360. I wont post a link here but a simple trip to google and thats should take care of it.

15. zeesh

zeesh Member

16. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i havent tried it yet but i will soon :)

17. x504x

x504x Member

i have been reading this for a while and i am trying to burn 360 games on a powerbook g4 using the superdirve (matishita).
    i hae been using iburn 360 and making coaster after coaster. i have a working .iso file(a friend burned the same one on pc and worked fine).
    i am following the instructions on iburn (refresh, drop image, burn) but i still get unplayable disc. the first batch was cheap office depot media, then i figured it was the cheap media so i switched to memorex (couldnt find verbatims) and still had the same results.
    my questions are:
    1.has anyone used the built in superdrive to burn or is it only through external
    2.how could i f'up iburn?
    3.what am i missing here?
    any help will be appreciated.

18. mikey3k1

mikey3k1 Member

<<<i have been reading this for a while and i am trying to burn 360 games on a powerbook g4 using the superdirve (matishita).
    i hae been using iburn 360 and making coaster after coaster. i have a working .iso file(a friend burned the same one on pc and worked fine).
    i am following the instructions on iburn (refresh, drop image, burn) but i still get unplayable disc. the first batch was cheap office depot media, then i figured it was the cheap media so i switched to memorex (couldnt find verbatims) and still had the same results.
    my questions are:
    1.has anyone used the built in superdrive to burn or is it only through external
    2.how could i f'up iburn?
    3.what am i missing here?
    any help will be appreciated.>>>>

Well I remember someone telling me that,unless youve installed the superdrive yourself,then apple had put some restrictions on burning dl disks. Dont know if this is the case with yours,Ill get the specifics and post again. Still it could be the media itself.

19. x504x

x504x Member

i dont know if the burner is locked through some sortof firmware or not, i havent heard anything like that before. it that is the case i am sure there has to be someway of flashing it.
    last nite i tried the method through terminal and everything worked perfectly except for the actual disc playing. i am hoping it is the media, i have some verbatims on the way.
    has anyone, using any method, any media burned with the standard apple superdrive (matshita) and had success?

20. scr4p

scr4p Member

I have done it through the newest version of Parallels with ImgBurn. I will try it with iBurn today.

I always use Verbatim's and they have to be DVD+R DL not the -R's. Make sure you don't burn over 4x speed. Also, this might be a stupid question but have you flashed your 360 drive with the correct firmware? Have you tried one of your burns on another flashed XBOX 360?