1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned a DVD+R on DRX-510UL But..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by impu007, Apr 7, 2005.

1. impu007

impu007 Member

I can only read from the Burner itself, but not in any of the DVD Drive I have tried so far...

1) My Laptop's DVD Drive
    2) My Sony 5 Disc DVD/CD/VCD Player
    3) Magnabox DVD Player

Only one can read is the one I burned in. Sony DRX-510UL. Media is TDK DVD+R (8x). I have TDK DVD-R (2X) but my Sony DRX-51OUL can never read it. When I insert a DVD-R disc, continues to read it and read it and then error.

Any suggestion? Do I need to burn it in Lower Speed? I am using a Eagle Software's CD/DVD Burner software.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Sounds almost like you made a data disc. Your burner is reading the disc however your media player is the program converting all those ones and zeros into a picture and audio. A DVD player requires a very specific file format on the disc to be able to play it. Your media player can play all kinds of Non DVD-Video compliant files, .avi, mpeg for example.... Actually it sounds like you can't read it with your PC. Your first statement says you can. your last says it reads and reads and then errors. By read I assume you mean watch the thing on your monitor?...Or just see the files on the disc.
    Anyhow..

Double check your program settings and before burning again, get some DVD-RW discs. When it fails again, get DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. You will probably have better luck with these. Also get some Verbatim or Ritek media as well. TDK discs are great for data, not movies.