1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned B/U of DVD stops

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by WKS, Dec 8, 2004.

1. WKS

WKS Guest

This is somewhat the same as "dvd skips and freezes" but from DVD to DVD and have not seen it skip but will freese and not continue. Anyone else having this problem and know what the corrective action is...

2. WKS

WKS Guest

Suppose I should provide a little more information to help you all help me. My recording hardware is Plextor and using Taiyo Yuden media for my back-ups. When running X Copy Platinum(4.0.3.8) I am selecting the advanced mode and choosing the "all" title sets option. This, more times than not has required it to compress which seems normal. All seemingly goes smooth: reads the movie in 45 to 55 min and burns it over to the blank media w/i 10 min without a whimper. However, when playing it back on my Denon DVD Player have found more than a few movies that play to a specific point and just stop/freeze. If it was once with only one movie would have chalked it up to a bad lemon as far as the media, but there are three movies now that have this illness and one of them has it in muliple places. Are the movie makers putting new coding that could be causing this??? Is there a newer version or better media out there??? In general what am I doing wrong!?!?!?!?! Pls Help if you can!!!!
    SG

3. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Tayo Yuden is good media so no worries there. Your player may be the issue. Have you played it on your PC to see if it skips? Is it getting hot when it skips? If you put it in and fast forward to the chapter that skips, does it still skip?

4. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I had this problem when I burned a copy and tried it at a friend's house. I put a label on it and tried it out on his DVD player. It played the first half an hour and then froze. I tried it on my DVD player and it worked. Some DVD players don't accept labels, as it can mess around with the disc reading.

Hunter007

5. WKS

WKS Guest

One of the funny things is the fact that it will play on the Plextor(that's on the PC) but not on the Denon DVD player(1710) w/Denon receiver(which we had to buy due to the previous brand, "Colby", that would not play back-ups at all. From all my research can't find a better brand that would play back more different types of media than Denon; if anyone knows anything different, would like to know now vs later. Pretty sure that heat is not an issue and only freezes in one place. FF does work to take it through the bad sector(?)and we just have to RR if it goes forward too much, so there are work-arounds but for all I've put into this thought I'd be able to make flawless back-ups each time. Is it psbl that it's being programed on the orignl at creation?? ...
    Thanx to all

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello WKS, So your stand alone screws up when you play your backups on it but plays flawlessly on pc. Sound like the Denin does not like that media. Is it true ty's or maybe fakes?Did you try another type of high quality media? What format are your ty's? Download: http://www.dvdinfopro.com Let us know what your code is. Later