1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned Copy of Wrong Turn Won't Burn

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Mutilated, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Mutilated

Mutilated Member

I'm trying to reburn it, but AnyDVD, Shrink, and Decrypter all can't read the movie. The original burned, and I have never had a problem with burning a copy before. Any suggestions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Does the first copy play OK? If so then just use any disc copy program you have. No need to run it through a decrypting program again. You might want to check the first copy for read errors too. If the first one has problems its not going to recopy properly.

Jerry

3. Mutilated

Mutilated Member

I don't recall any troubles with the original disc, but I can't be too sure about that. Any suggestions on programs to do a straight copy with?

Jerry =P

4. Timm129

Timm129 Member

Clonecd by Slysoft work great for me.

5. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

DVD decrypter should have no problems making an ISO file and then burn ISO file with decrypter. Some ask if you can play the disk your trying to burn. Well that's very important if it will not play, Your not going to be able to rip it. Inspect the disk how does it look is it scratched ect.ect. Clean the disk. Also What speed did you burn this disk I can tell ya from experiance if your burning faster than 4or6X your creating alot more errors on disk when you go beyond 6X.

Good Luck

Spacedust

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you have Nero, Roxio, or Recordnow Max they all have the disc copy feature in them. Your first copy is already decrypted so really no need to go through that process again.

Jerry

7. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

What hole process. Im lost here. Decrypter make iso decrypter burn iso. Either way even if you use any other burning software your still going to rip to hard drive first and burn. No more time using decrypter than any other program. Yes the file has been decrypted, What's that got to do with any thing Decrypter is a good fast ripper weather its encrpted or not.

Spacedust

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Spacedust, I just make suggestions on how to do different things. I don't try to force my process on anyone. But since you seem to know everything I guess you are the expert here. You should first learn how to spell. Hole in this case is spelled whole.

Jerry

9. movies27

movies27 Regular member

I agree with Jerry..use Nero it has a disc copy option on it.

10. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

spacedust

If you look at the original post by Mutilated he mentions:

Like Jerry746 is pointing out, to Mutilated, (the originator of this thread by the way,) that other programs aren’t necessary since the movie was already decrypted. Also since that is the case, you can do a on the fly burn without ripping to the hard drive especially since its already a DVD5. I also have to disagree with you on your explanation about creating more errors based on burning speed. That sounds like you’re going to get errors the faster you burn automatically which is not the case. There are a lot of variables that go along with that statement such as Processor speed, memory, HDD space, Burner capability, programs running in the background and most importantly, the media used. All my burns are at 8X and I’ve never had a coaster, or disk errors, but I also have a system that CPU usage never goes over 35% on the toughest encodings.

11. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Excellent reply ScubaBud.

Jerry

12. Mutilated

Mutilated Member

It's not a matter of burning speed or anything of the sort. I'm not new to ripping discs. The problem is I can't burn the copy due to bad sectors in one program, failure to read in another, and unspecified region in another. I don't see how the original would have burned without all these errors. The disc is not scratched, it hasn't even been watched yet. Most of my collection is just to have copies.

13. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i would try something like dvdinfopro, and do a read test. My understanding is that if crc errors show up in the read test, that's where (for instance) on playback the movie skips. I have burnt many many 100s of films, and not one coaster; however due to initially using crappy media a lot of those films skip/freeze, and a read test would bear that out. As i say these burnt 100% as far as Nero was concerned. Just one of the things that make dvd ripping a pain in **** sometimes

14. Mutilated

Mutilated Member

Nice post, I'll look into the prog and post back.

15. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Here is something to keep in mind. There are dvd original movies out there with some corrupt data on them. These bad spots usually won't show up when playing the movie on a normal player but always show up when trying to rip them . If some of these errors get transfered to the copy you have the same problems again. In these cases you can't see any problems looking at the disc, its just corrupt data. I have run into 4 movies lately that I had to exchange to get them to copy. All played OK on my player. Just some info I wanted to pass along. Also copies on poor quality media can cause problems when making recopies.

Jerry

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  16. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

System Specs:
    Motherboard: Abit IC7-G
    Processor: P4 3.0GNorthwood clocked 3.4G cpu100%=60c
    Ram: Kingston HprX 1GDual PC3500 Cas 2
    Power Supply: 550W True Power
    HDDS: Western Digital 1=10,000sata, 1=7,200sata
    Video Card: FX5900 256mb VIVO XFX
    Burner: Sony DRU710A
    Processes running: 18
    Media:Verbatum +R8X(MCC003),+R16X(MCC004)
    I do agree with you on the varibles Hardware is most Important :)

Never said I had a coaster either. I got documentation saved. I'll be glad to email to ya scubabud, using nero cd quality test. The same ISO file burned using Mcc004 media from 8,12,16X. You can see the errors go up with the speed. With that said I do understand the key here is matching media up with your particular drive that creates the least amount of PI errors and PI failures. When it comes to disk errors
    all +R/-R media burned has PI errors and PI failures, and thus
    having to many of these errors and +R-vs-R can wreck havac on settop players (Freezing,skips,artifacts). I got a 16X burner thought I could burn Video at 16X Wrong. There just not there yet I should have waited anoter year or so. I think the Pioneer 109 may be close, guess it makes since they where the first to release a dvd burner -R. wow I remember when that drive was 4,000 bucks.

Sorry Jerry did not mean to sound like an ass.

spacedust

17. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Here you go Spacedust:

Sony DVD-R 8X at 8X
    [​IMG]

Sony DVD-R 8X at 16X
    [​IMG]

Sony DVD+R at 12X
    [​IMG]

No errors! :)

These all were listed in a previous thread. Maybe you could try some Sony also and see what happens.

Not one spec of problems at any speed with either SONY08D1 or SONY D11.

Now when I tried ProdiscS03, Memorex DVD-R 4X, it had a whole plate full of errors even at 4X.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  18. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@spacedust: No long term problem on my end. Everyone says the wrong thing at times. I just roll with it and keep going. I don't claim to know everything and will say out right if I don't have an answer to something. Its all about learning and teaching. Or was it TEACH and LEARN that someone else said.LOL

Jerry