1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD comes out in black in white.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alaskkinn, Jan 16, 2007.

1. alaskkinn

alaskkinn Member

Please help...I am using a Sony DRX-830U DVD recorder (external) with hi speed USB. The burned DVD looks and sounds fine on the PC, but has no color when played on the Pioneer DVD player. Also when I'm using ImmageMaker (came with the Handycam), it looks good on the PC, but the Nero Vision (came with the burner) comes out stuttering...BOTH of them have NO COLOR on the DVD player though! Any ideas? I'm pretty much a newbie for burning DVD's. These are just home movies of basketball games.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This is usually caused by trying to play a PAL DVD on an NTSC DVD Player. The below effects could happen when trying to play a PAL DVD on an NTSC DVD Player.

Plays in Black and white.

Plays with horizontal lines.

Gives you an Incompatible or error when trying to play a disc on the DVD player.

The solution would be to convert the DVD from PAL to NTSC format using a program like Nero Vision Express or ConvertXTODvd.

Below are 2 links to guides on both programs.

ConvertXTODvd ---> http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/vso_convertxtodvd_guide.cfm

When setting up ConvertXTODvd program make sure you select NTSC as the region(Format)

Nero Vision Express ---> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/272946

If you use Nero vision express follow the below image to make sure you are setting the program to output a NTSC format DVD...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  3. alaskkinn

alaskkinn Member

Okay, thanks for that info, but when I checked it out, it was already in NTSC format. I got some more helpful tips as I navigated through the guides and all, though. Good stuff. Is there anywhere else that the format might need to be changed? Would it have anything to do with how I transferred from the Handycam? I didn't really think it would be that because on the PC it all looks good, which meant (to me!) that the transfer was okay. I have also read in one of these forums that sometimes Roxio and Nero fight...and that maybe I should get rid of anything I'm not using. I have ImageMaker too, so could that be causing this kind of problem?