1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD has vertical flashing...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by HoNeY3, Oct 6, 2004.

1. HoNeY3

HoNeY3 Guest

I burned my first DVD using the following:

ISOBuster to TMPEGEnc to DVD Lab.

It played correctly on my pc, but has vertical flashing on my home DVD player, making it umwatchable. (Panasonic SA-HT900).

I thought I had royally FUBARed, did the same procedures as above and used ImgTool after DVD lab to burn the DVD.
    Same problem occured.

I have read every guide in these forums that I can find and dont seem to locate a fix for my problem. Any comments or suggestions would be very welcomed.

2. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Member

This has happened to me and I've been trying since this past week to figure it out. I've been burning my backup DVDs with DVDxCopy Platinum without any problem and they play in the home unit...but, I tried to burn a backup of a Region 2 DVD and although it plays region-free on my computer, only one of the three home DVD players I have will read it (my Sanyo), and then I get this vertical/Matrix effect making the movie unwatchable.

I've used DVD Decryptor/DVD Shrink/DVDxCOPY with region-free and region 1 settings, used different brands of DVDs and 2 different burning software programs...all will play on my Sanyo, but just with that vertical flash/matrix effect.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

sounds like it's your Sanyo player that's the problem and not the software. If the discs play ok on another player or on your pc then the Sanyo is the culprit.

4. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Member

I actually have played other backup DVDs on the Sanyo and have never had a problem with it, and with several brands of DVDs, too.

I did some searching and I am thinking that the problem might be that my original DVD was PAL, instead of NTSC...something about the lines of resolution being more in number with PAL.

Does anyone know of any software that can do the conversion from PAL to NTSC?