1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned Dvd help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mike1981, Jan 26, 2007.

1. mike1981

mike1981 Member

ok i am having this trouble i have always used dvd shrink and anydvd with nero and dvd-r verbatim disc's with no problems with playback in dvd players(standalones)

now i am using dvddecryptor, fixvts and shrink with ripit4me all latest versions...i have burned saw 3, gaurdian and employee of the month with no errors showing...i can play the disks fine on computer and some on a old panasonic dvd player..but my denon dvd and toshiba player cant play these disks...is there away to fix this any help will be great?
    thanks
    mike

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  2. onya

onya Guest

Had the same problem, one player..no and all others yes. I less than skillfuly found that the first couln't read DVD+R media, but the others were fine. My solution to keep everyone here happy (incl the player) was to use DVD-R media. Job done. :) Hope this helps.

Cheers.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

mike1981, whats your burn speed? (keep it no faster than 8x)

and are you burning with nero or dvd decrypter? , the Verbatim DVD-Rs should play in your denon, i have ine and they play in mine.

you might try Taiyo Yuden DVD-R also

4. mike1981

mike1981 Member

my burn speed is 8x...the disc's also play in a sony dvd player older one...the one computer that i am burning these disks wiht is a externel dvd burner it is a Lacie Designed by Fa porsche...i think this is the problem that this burner might be a piece of shit...cause we i burn the exact same way but with a internel lg h22l burner in a different computer using ripit4me and same disks that i am using it plays fine in the denon and works in everyone...

5. alx

alx Member

Hi I'm having problems with dvd skipping or not playing for several min. then it may or may not play on dvd player if it does it skips alot i use ridata dvd-r i burn at x4 i use anydvd with either one click or clone dvd can any one help tired of wasting media thank alx

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Ritek isn't that great plus some burners/dvd players have trouble with it so try better media like Taiyo Yuden and or Verbatim.

also make sure you are burning on a clean machine (doing a disc cleanup and defragging often) plus make sure yout firmware is up to date on your drive/burner check here

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php

7. onya

onya Guest

@alx, good advice by aabbccdd concerning media types etc. Here's a link passed on by bubbles19, for a guide on quality ratings. This guide may not be the definative source of quality, but it's a start.

Cheers.

EDIT: typo's

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  8. alx

alx Member

thanks for info i've been trying to find update firmware for my burner TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D no luck yet i 'll try new media TY if any other idea lease let me know thanks alx

9. onya

onya Guest

@alx,
    I personally haven't had a good look around for Taiyo yuden's, I'm not even sure they are available here in Australia. You'd think I'd ask Molder. What I would like you to do is burn a disc with TY's then another with Ritek at the same settings, and do a side by side comparison...and post the results?

Cheers.

10. alx

alx Member

@ onya

hi i was actually already looking up TY media to do just that have to do some research on where to buy genuine TY media if you know a spot let me know!! also if you have any new thought on my problem (posted yesterday) i defrag. HHD and did a clean disk... i copied flyboys which played but skips alot!! thinking about getting new burner?? thanks alx

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

alx , if you can't get TYs get Verbatim and try burning at 4x speed to help your problem

12. alx

alx Member

@aabbccdd

i will, need to do something because my dvd's are skipping alot and its making me very ANGRY now thanks alx

13. lilyovi13

lilyovi13 Member

I've been having a similar problem to the above post, but a little different at the same time:
    I've swithced to DVD FAB Decrypter, because DVD Shrink has not been working on many, many movies...However, it has been a 75% completion rating thus far. For example, Employee of the Month, Crank, and Over the Hedge will burn properly on a DVD+RW, but will not play in my Phillips DVD player, however The Guardian, Ant Bully, and Lady in the Water play perfectly fine.

I have no idea what the issue is because I am burning the disks the same exact way each and every time. (I use Nero to finalize burn by the way.) Any suggestions please???

14. alx

alx Member

@aabbccdd
    i did comparison with verbatim and ridata disc go to find out my problem was a broken onkyo dvd changer all my burn dvd's work perfect as for comparison i would have to say a slight advantage verbatim however never had a problem with ridata good product (for me) thus far...

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

great , and yeah the Verbatims are better media than Ritek