1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD playback issues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ktrombly, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ktrombly

ktrombly Member

I've burned 5 dvd's and can only play 1 on my dvd player. These were all AVI files that I used WinAvi to convert to VOB files. I then used Nero to burn them to DVD+R Media. The 4 that don't play give me a "Disc Error" on my player, and it says "Playback may not be available on this disc." Saw 3 is one of the discs that won't play and Windows Media Player gives me the following error message when I try to play it on my comp: "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." Does this sound like it could be the reason for my inability to play this on my DVD player? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks for any help!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you might try running the files through g-spot and find out what it tell'you it could be that there is a problem with the files

3. ktrombly

ktrombly Member

Thanks for the info. I tried what you suggested and I'm not sure what I'm looking for in G-Spot's results. I know it said that I had the right codec's installed for each movie, however beyond that I had no idea what I was looking at. Does it sound like it could be just a media or hardware issue?

4. ktrombly

ktrombly Member

Here's another tidbit of info...both DivX Player and the PowerDVD software that came with my burner play them fine (video and audio). Nero Showtime gives me a window syaing "Due to patent license restrictions, MPEG-2 encoding/decoding/playback is not available. The feature can be added by installing the DVD-Video Plug-In." However, even with that message coming up, Nero still begins to play the video, but no audio. RealPlayer gives me this error: "The DVD cannot be played. Macrovision® distribution failed." Does this mean anything to you? Again, thanks a lot for the help!