1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned DVD+R DL won't play in anything but ext. burner

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by jetsounds, May 19, 2007.

1. jetsounds

jetsounds Member

Hi, I'm still new to all this, but I've tried to do my research before asking.

I had some success with burning regular DVD-Rs, so I thought I'd try my hand at burning a DL disc with my DL external burner. I wanted to back up my Science of Sleep DVD, so I ripped (MTR) and burned (Toast 7 Titanium) as DVD-ROM UDF, all as normal.

The finished disc played in the external burner just fine, even using the Apple DVD player that comes with the comp. BUT when I try to play the DVD in the computer itself, the disc just automatically ejects. The disc doesn't play in normal DVD players either. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!

2. barricade

barricade Guest

You need to set the book type to dvd-rom, your burner might not support bitsetting for DL, what kind ya got?

3. jetsounds

jetsounds Member

Thanks for the reply! I have a Memorex DVD Double-Layer Recorder 16x16 Dual Format External.

Sorry, but I'm a little unclear as to what book type or bitsetting means - how do I change these?

4. barricade

barricade Guest

Actually I don't have any experience with a MAC :( but i had the internal version of that burner and when I used Nero, it would automatically say "Booktype Set to DVD-ROM" and it worked. If Toast has the option, try "DVD-ROM ISO" , that is the option in nero that worked for me.

5. jetsounds

jetsounds Member

Well, it turns out it was the disc. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

6. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

for double layer discs.. i only trust verbatims