1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD+R media shows BLANK on Explorer.

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by atalbot, Oct 26, 2004.

1. atalbot

atalbot Member

Hi, I am having problems writiing data on to DVD+R media with a ricoh mp5240a.
    The data seems to burn on to the media fine but when I come to view the data in windows explorer or any other application it shows the disk as being blank. If the disk is then tried to be burned again it shows error message. I have tred burning on both intervideo disk master and Nero 6 software.
    I am using Verbatim DVD+R media (recommended by manufacturer)and running on a win XP new computer with SP2 installed.
    It seems to burn cds ok.

Please help as i am stumped and can't afford throwing media away!!

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Andrew

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Sorry I do not have the answer to your question. If any one does I am sure they will respond, but one courtesy is to ask your question only once and in the appropriate forum. Otherwise the site will be flooded and everyone will be less likly to get an answer.

Please read the fourm rules. Hope you find a solution to your problem.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

When your not sure how a burn will turn out use a RW disc, it saves on coasters. If it works you can then burn a regular disc and still have the RW for another trial run.

Welcome to AD.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    DELL Dimension 8300 XP Pro SP2
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT 1GB DDR SDRAM
    2x160GB RAID 0 SATA HDD
    16xDVD-ROM 8xDVD DL+R/+R/+RW
    19" LCD. Dolby 5.1[/small]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004