1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD+R only plays on computer?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by GSMAN, Oct 12, 2004.

1. GSMAN

GSMAN Member

I'm using DVD x Copy Platinum, which seems to work good in every aspect, about 45min. for a whole movie with everything included, but they wont play on my RCA Scenium or cheap little APEX 1200.
    I have found that others have had success with both units and the DVD+R format on other boards.
    I tried also just burning the movie [not using compression], still no luck on the players,/works great on the PowerDVD in the computer though!
    I wonder if its the media,[I'm using Spin-X which is a printable Imation product 4X],my burner is a KHypermedia which is a repack of the Cyberdrive,DVD+R/RW-8X CD-R/RW drive.
    Any ideas would be appreciated,,I'm at a dead end.
    Thanks in Advance

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi GSMAN, If you are sure your 2 players accept +R media for playback, then I would try a few different brands of media. Ritek and Vetbatim grade A usually work well for everyone. But everyone has different system setups for burning so it is sometimes trial and error until you find the right combination that will play on your stand alone players.

Jerry

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

GSMAN

Good media is definantly a must. But my question would be have you tried another transcoder and other burning software?

4. GSMAN

GSMAN Member

That's something i've considered, What is a good or best combination that you all know of......theres so many different programs, DVD clone,shrink,Region-CSS free,Fab,Decrypter,i could go on for a day!
    Thanks in advance!

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

For testing a new backup soft I'd suggest DVD Shrink because of its quality and its free. You can download it here.

I use DVD Rebuilder and Cinema Craft Encoder for all my backups.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  6. GSMAN

GSMAN Member

Is DVD Rebuilder the same one on Beta news?
    I seen v0.64a beta, didn't know if it worked well enough yet though.
    I've got DVD shrink, guess i'll try something out,...this Spin-x media should be fairly decent, being made by Imation, I would think.
    I have read that 321Xcopy possibly creates a ROM format which isnt read by all players..[maybe my original problem?]

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Yes, but I've been using DVD Rebuilder since version .42 without any problems except for movies that are multi angled or interleaved which very few movies are. I got around that by editing out the multi angles using DVD Remake. jdobbs has just about solved the multi angled interleaved problem. The quality of DVD-RB/CCE is simply the best backup system there is.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."[/small]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2004
  8. GSMAN

GSMAN Member

Sounds good to me, at least the program sounds worth trying out, I'll check out CCE to boot,...Thanks!

9. MR.CLR

MR.CLR Guest

try useing a blank dvd-r an see if that works.

10. GSMAN

GSMAN Member

Will DVD-R work in a DVD+R/RW drive?