1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD will not play in PC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by borgme99, Feb 27, 2005.

1. borgme99

borgme99 Member

Ok, so I rip my DVD with DVD shrink and burn with Nero 6.6.0.3 just fine, and put it back into the SAME drive it was created with, and get error from Dell Media Experience : "Unable to detect your VCD." WTF? It's not a VCD, it's a DVD! and last week I had no problems with the whole procedure. What's going on? I already tried reinstalling Nero, it did nothing. Thanks for your help.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

borgme99-
    I don't know if this will help, but I'll tell you what I would do--I would uninstall the DVD drive in device manager--then re-boot
    windows will find it and re install it--then see if it works--It can't hurt--good luck

Whitfield

3. borgme99

borgme99 Member

ok thanks I will try that.

4. borgme99

borgme99 Member

nope it didn't work. I'm really stuck here, I've got six dvds sitting on my hard drive that I need to burn off. What can I do!?!?!?

5. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

borgme99--
    OK--I am fairly certain that one of the more experienced guys will pick up this thread--We need someone like ScubaPete, bbmayo, saugmon or ScubaBud--these guys know their stuff and I am confident can help you--You need to tell us your system specs, what programs you have for DVD apps (You don't by any chance have Roxio installed, do you?--that can cause problems)Make and model # of your DVD burner and DVD Rom? Have you checked for updated firmware for your burner? Put this info in the next posting and someone will get back to you--Thanks--

Whitfield

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

borgme99,
    will the disk play in a stan alone DVD player? This sounds like an issue more with your software than anything else. Try playing the DVD in windows media player and see what happens. Can you play an original DVD with Dell Media Experiance?

7. borgme99

borgme99 Member

ok, I hadn't thought of that. Guess what, Media Experience doesn't read even normal dvds! And Windows media player read both normal and burned dvds, although with the burned one the audio stuttered a bit. so now what, reinstall Media experience somehow? It came with the computer, I'm not sure how to reinstall it...crap this means the DVDs I threw out were perfectly good. By the way, I dont' have a stand alone to test out on. I'm at college ya know.

8. borgme99

borgme99 Member

So I reinstalled Power DVD and Dell MEdia experience, and everything works fine now! Thanks everybody!

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats what I suspected.. Glad it was easily fixed :)

Just out of curosity how many did ya throw away?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  10. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

bbmayo --
    Hey, thank you for jumping in there to help--I find myself learning more all the time--next time I see this problem, I'll know what to try first--thanks again--have a great day--

Whitfield

11. borgme99

borgme99 Member

Erm, about three or four.

12. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats not to bad it could have been worse. I had a buddie who threw away 20 or so because they didnt play in his PS2, but they were actually good copies because they played in everything else just fine.