1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned DVD won't play on Mac

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by Amers, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Amers

Amers Member

I am new at this, and followed all the directions on how to burn an owned DVD. It plays in my DVD player in my living room, but will not play when inserted into my Mac. Any suggestions would be amazing! I used MTR, DVD2oneX2, and Toast 8......

2. stmifx

stmifx Member

Please provide more information i.e. how are you playing it, when you insert the disc into the drive is it mounted, what do you see on your screen etc?

How did you burn this disc? More details the better.

3. Amers

Amers Member

stmifx:
    I have a new MacBook and I burned it using Toast, and followed the guide found on this website. Everything works great, but when I insert the disc into my Mac (after burning), it says data not supported and will not run off of the disc in the Mac dvd player. However, it plays fine in my dvd player hooked to my TV. When it finished burning, it verified the disc, and then there was a button to "mount" it. Should I have done this? Could that be my problem? I do not know what "mount" means....Thanks so much for responding! I really appreciate it!

4. stmifx

stmifx Member

What is the format of the files on DVD i.e. the one you burned.
    a) Is it a commercial DVD you own that you ripped? If so then did you copy over VIDEO_TS folder from the original disc into Toast & then burn it?
    b) A home DVD? What is the format of the video files? MP4, .MOV etc

From the message that your Mac throws at you seems like unsupported format. BTW, are you using Toast 7 or 8?