1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVD wont work on Standalone

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jznelly, Aug 10, 2003.

1. jznelly

jznelly Guest

I bought a Sony stand-alone DVD changer that advertises it plays DVD+r/rw and DVD-r/rw......I backed up my DVD using DVD shrink and Then i put all the files into a folder called VIDEO_TS. Then I formatted the disk (DVD+RW) using Roxio and then I dragged the file onto the disc. After it burned I took it out of the burner and put it into the DVD player. I played the disk and it said it couldn't read it.

Does anyone know why it didn't work? Did i do something wrong in burning?

Thanks

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

You can try using a different burnign app. The following sites has good guides for using Nero or RecordNowMax:

http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

Some players don't like DVDs burned with certain apps - I have two players, neither of which will play Nero-burned discs, for example.

Good Luck

3. jznelly

jznelly Guest

thanks, i'll try again

4. tiggerly

tiggerly Guest

Take a look at http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php for info on media / player compatability. And try trial versions of different burning apps to see if you can find one with the desired results.

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

jznelly, did you use Roxio 6 DragN`drop program? The one that allows to add as many files as you want, then close later. If this is the case don't do that. Use Roxio Creator Classic to burn the DVD with the Audio and Video folders. This will work. The DragN' Drop program is ment for computer with the loaded software to determine the UDF version. This will not correctly burn a DVD to use in Stand alone player.

6. XrichardX

XrichardX Member

All I would reccomend is to try a program such as DVD Decrypter to burn the disc, or try a better disc. What brand of discs are you using, by the way?