1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned dvds cant be played on ps2 ?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bigzzs04, Jan 10, 2005.

1. bigzzs04

bigzzs04 Member

Is their a way to play my burned dvds on my ps2 every time I try It says its loading then goes back to the start screen

2. beltline

beltline Regular member

If you're thinking you can just burn a PS2 game and play it on your PS2 with out doing a number of other things. It ain't happening. Check out the PS2 section of the forums for alternatives.

3. bigzzs04

bigzzs04 Member

Im talking about movies

4. beltline

beltline Regular member

Oops, sorry. Yes, your burned DVD's should play on your PS2. If you're using an older version, you want to stick with DVD-R's. Older versions of PS2 can't read the +R's. Other things it could be is a compatability issue. Also, have you tested it in a standalone player?

5. bigzzs04

bigzzs04 Member

yes it worked in the standalone players

6. tater9104

tater9104 Guest

Your problem is most likely your media. Cheap media usually does not do too well with PS2. Also, dvd-r's are really the best when you are trying to do this. The newer versions of ps2 can play dvd+r's but that leaves a lot of people still out in the cold. Try either changing your media or checking the version of your ps2 and seeing if that version is compatible with dvd+r's (if that is what your are using).

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just was curious why you would wanna put the ware on your PS2 drive if you have a standalone player to play the DVDs on. But like the reply above says. could be Media, but also could be the perticular drive you have in your PS2. But again I dont understand why somone would wanna shorten the life of thier PS2 drive to watch movies you can watch on a standalone.

8. quadoc

quadoc Guest

Just curious, is there a way to flash the PS2 bios so that it would play DVD+R and DVD+-RW? Does anyone know?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your PS2 will either play them or not play them simple as that. You dont need to flash or even have a Mod Chip installed to play them on a PS2. Just like stand alone players. Some read Backed up DVD's some dont. Its just your particuler drive in your PS2 dont.

10. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

I have never had a problem with my copies playing on my PS2. I have only ever used DVD-R's and these seem to copy fine but have never tried DVD+R discs. Just for larrylje's info some of us arent lucky enough to have a choice of what we play our dvds on. In my home we use the playstation as our dvd player and the only other dvd player in the house is in my daughters bedroom - which she saved up for and bought for herself. I know DVD players are cheap now but the playstation does the job!!

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well as I stated before. He said he had a DVD Home Player and was just letting him know that it will ware out your playstaion drive quicker by playing DVDs on it. And just cause your PS2 will play Movies others might not. They dont use the same brand of DVD-ROM in all PS2s. There are diffent brands of ROM's that PS2 has used. That is why I am telling him that his PS2 might be 1 of them that dont play DVD-R or DVD+R disc. You can take my information or you can ignore it. its up to you.