1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned dvd's play on any dvd player?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Jh823sh, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Jh823sh

Jh823sh Guest

how can i make a burned dvd disk play on any dvd player. sometimes i recieve burned dvds, and i wanna back them up but sometimes it wont play on dvd players. Only on the computer.

2. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

Unfortunately, the degree to which standalone players are compatible with backups varies from unit to unit. I'm struggling with this issue myself right now. Here is a guide which offers some information about what players tend to play what media. I hope it helps.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

DF

3. IBL

IBL Member

The player must be able to playback DVD-R media or whatever other media types it can playback.

Most can play DVD-R.

So we use DVD-R.

However 99.99% of the time a DVD-R will play on any system that can playback that media. It is only the odd film or two in a couple of thousand that a problem with a player but this has to do with the PS2/XBOX and other strange DVD players like these ones.

4. pollushon

pollushon Regular member

Often cheap imports are the way to go. They are not restricted by region, or format, Because they could be getting shipped anywhere at anytime. Some High End players have inbuilt hardware protection by macrovision, that prevent copied DVD movies from being played. I had an LG and had no end of troubles. Got a Hyundai, ($65AU) no sweat plays anything and everything, can adjust region to suit genuine DVD's and it loves my backups. If your copying copys, you need a good burning app such as NERO.