1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned DVDs wont play back??!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by j_loc, Oct 5, 2004.

1. j_loc

j_loc Member

I have burned A LOT of DVDs without an issue. Recently the dvds I've burned will not play. However I can fast forward all the way through(or rewind) the movie without a problem. Anyone know the reason for this bizarre playback issue? Also, Im running Windows XP with DVDXCOPY GOLD and XPRESS

2. juca39

juca39 Guest

What programs and media are you using?
    Are you using the same media than before when the burnt DVD would play?
    Try to clean your lens in your dvd player, it helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2004
  3. j_loc

j_loc Member

I am using DVDXCOPY GOLD and DVDXCOPY EXPRESS. I have used a variety of disks including maxwell,fuji,tdk,memorex, and sony. Even when I play it on my computer it will play for about 2 mins then freeze the whole application I'm using.

4. juca39

juca39 Guest

I used to burn with DVDXCOPY Platinum. I stoped using it, there were to many coasters and those programs are very touchy with other sofware that you may have installed in your computer. Many times, when using DVDX platinum, I thought that the burning process came succefull, because no indication otherwise, how ever, it didn't, coaster after coaster. Maybe 50% success.
    Since that awfull age I turned my preference to other more reliable software such as: DVDshrik with DVDDekrypter, DVDSrhink with Nero, Clone DVD2 with anyDVD, Nero Recode with anyDVD, and some other combinations.
    After understanding these new programs and using the right media, no more problems or coasters.
    I suggest that you download DVDDekrypter and DVDshrink (both free). You can find inside the Software tab the downloadable site.
    There are very good guides on how to set up both programs (inside the sofware tab).
    I will assure you that you will love these programs, very easy to use and the burnt copies are almost perfect, you will hardly have any coasters.
    Another matter, very important one, is the media you have to use. I suggest Ritek, TDK, Verbatim or Prodisk media, they are very good.
    Don't be frustrated of stop using your DVDXCOPY, many people in this forum have done it. I did it my self.
    But I am glad I did it.

5. j_loc

j_loc Member

Turns out my dvd player was screwed up. I have downloaded dvdshrink and nero but I'm not quite computer saavy enough to figure out how to burn the original dvd onto a blank. Nero tells me the disc is copywrited(of course). I used dvdshrink and downloaded onto my harddrive but couldnt figure out how to get it burnt. I do however think Im done with dvdxcopy though.

6. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

You should simply follow the guide on how to burn a DVD 5 using DVDshrink. It's easy. By now you either have a bunch of files or one ISO file (if you're using Win XP) where you copied the movie to your hard drive. You can use Nero (choose burn an image file) or DVDDecrypter, also available on this site for free, to burn the ISO file to your DVD disc. Any way you choose the directions are on this site and easy to follow.

7. ccantu

ccantu Member

No answer to yours but I have a problem with playback as well for any of you geniuses out there. I downloaded a version of xcopy platinum v.4.0.3.8 from shareaza..already cracks..seems to work great, but Ive notice on some of the burned dvds when played back about midway thru the scenes get choppy and sometimes freeze up..this is very annoying..some movie work great and some donot..any suggestions?

please.......

8. humback

humback Member

does it only happen with perfect quality rips or all?

9. ccantu

ccantu Member

do u have platinum? i copy a reg dvd in simple mode and it rips fine but when i play it on a dvd player some scenes freeze or get choppy..

10. xxschizo

xxschizo Member

Usually with 321 Platinum occasional skips etc. are a disc problem - however 321's programs are known for having conflicts with many other apps so you might want to shut down all other programs while doing a backup with Platinum. Since the company is out of business they no longer offer tech support. :( . . . Or you could just use Decrypter and Shrink and make life easier (hopefully).

11. ccantu

ccantu Member

ok so its probably not an update that i need then..I try shutting everything down nexttime..thx for the help..Ive read about shrink and decr and I do have them but i would hate to get rid of platinum cause its so convienent..just the one click and your done..but thanks

12. hellno

hellno Member

I DOWNLOAD A MOVIE FROM DIVX CRAWLER,I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOWTO PUT IT ON A DVD DISK,SO I CAN WATCH ON MY TV DVD PLAYER.I NEED ALL THE STEPS.THANK YOU

13. humback

humback Member

are you allowed to say that?

14. juca39

juca39 Guest

Hellno.
    First of all, read the forum rules, you must not use capital letters.
    Second; downloading a movie is not owning it, that, is consider piracy, this forum does not allow piracy.

15. humback

humback Member

what if your original copy was damaged and you wanted to download a backup or is downloading movies copyright full stop?

16. PS2+help

PS2+help Guest

TRY USING CLONE DVD! ITS GREAT AND IT ALWAYS WORK FOR ME WEN I TRY TO BACK UP A DVD

17. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

hellno & PS2+help,

No all caps. Forum rules.