1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned failed @ 8x!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Jay_785, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Jay_785

Jay_785 Guest

I need help. I been having on and off problems with burning dvds @t 8x. I encode the dvd disc first, using dvd decrypter. Then I use dvd shrink to burn those files on a blank dvd-r Memorex Brand. I been burning for the fast weeks and I got 4 burning failed errors out of the other dvd's I've burned. Does anyone know why ?

2. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I take it you mean you are using Nero to burn, since Shrink does not burn only compress and encode, and DVD Decrypter rips your disk but does not encode. Memorex is not considered a very good media, I would advise you to try another brand such as Verbatim, Sony, Maxell or Fuji. Also, since it is not a good media slow your burn speed down to 4x. Check your burners firmware and make sure it is up to date.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2005
  3. Jay_785

Jay_785 Guest

I been using Memorex DVD-R many times and burned fine. But sometimes when my DVD Shrink starts encoding sometimes the kb/s is less than 2,000. I also been up to date with my Emprex DVD Dual 16x Double Layer Burner. I have like 200 movies and most are dvd-r memorex discs.

4. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

i'm guessing it's cuz you are using memorex media and firmware MIGHT be an issue too~ :) but, i agree with everything arniebear suggested~ :)

slower burns IF you insist on continuing to use Memorex, try some Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim, as with good quality media, i PERSONALLY can confidently burn @8x with no problems; others will suggest keeping it @4x to reduce possible errors, i agree, but, with TY or Verbs, i am just fine @8x~

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

they might be "fine" now, but over time Memorex WILL degrade (quicker than the better media) and your movies will not be in such great shape~ i have memorex coasters that went bad only 3 months after burning them @4x, CMC MAG was the manufacturer...VERY POOR QUALITY to say the very least~

6. Jay_785

Jay_785 Guest

So it has nothing to do with my computer or burner? I hope not! But really the dvd-r media you use matters? I used to use Fuji, but not anymore because when I play them on my Sony Playstation it skips sometimes during the movie. And for Memorex it plays smoothly. But I'll try to purchase some fuji dvd-r or other good brands next time. Thanks for the 411 you guys!

7. arniebear

arniebear Active member

The encoding time is dependant on the amount of compression that is needed. Just because you have had good luck with Memorex in the past does not ensure they will always work, try slowing the burn speed down and see if it makes any difference. You can post your Nero log file to see what errors you are getting.

8. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

anytime jay, when it comes to media, i would STRONGLY suggest genuine TY or Verbatim if you want ONLY dvd-r media, fuji brand 8x dvd-r (from what i gather these days, are no longer the Taiyo Yuden kind-meaning....IF you can find Fuji branded 8x dvd-r in retail stores that are MADE IN JAPAN, those so far have been TYG02 (taiyo yuden media), MOST of the ones i see now are made in taiwan, those WILL NOT be taiyo yuden, most likely prodisc, which are not as good in my opinion).

just wanted to give you heads up before you go out and wipe out your local stores of the Fuji branded dvd-r media, i would LOOK for MADE IN JAPAN right above the barcode if you are trying to find the GOOD TY media under the fuji name. genuine Taiyo Yuden are ONLY made in japan~

Verbatim 8x dvd-r are very good too, those are made in taiwan..MCC coding, if you are going to buy locally for dvd-r media, i would suggest the verbatims as they are not so "hit or miss" as trying to find TYs under the Fuji label~ :) best buy is having a sale on verbs right now, 50pk for $20~ decent price~ good luck

9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

nothing to add other than ditch the awful Memorex media and check the 2nd link in my signature, then a skim thru the 1st link, but i think the other guys have said all that needs to be said re utter rubbish media

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005