1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned files of game, now game will not load!?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Horaesin, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Horaesin

Horaesin Member

I backed up my copy of 'Rise of Nations' in case it was damaged by a friend (which it was and is now unusable) into .iso format and mounted it to a cd.
    All is fine in installing the game, yet when I go to play it, it either asks me for a cd (which IS in the drive), does nothing at all(by clicking the desktop icon) or opens a message saying "translated_string.xml not loaded. File missing?"
    It also says "internal_string.xml not loaded. File missing?" and then tells me there is a 'serious watson error.'

What's going on? It played the first time perfectly well, but now it will not work?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The problem is simple:the game looks if you are using the original game and detects that on the drive you are using a copy. Therefore, the backup isn't a 1:1 copy of the CD. Maybe because you didn't use a proper application for that protection (detected with Clony XXL or A-Ray scanner...there is a huge anount of guides about that at Afterdawn's) OR you used agood application but your burner is unable to record on the CD all the informations (.SUB channels, and so on).
    In this case you either use something better - a better application: for example Alcohol 120%, Diskjuggler, CloneCD; Alcohol or PhantomCD emulation for RPMS signature which cannot be copied on the backup CD, a CD-ROM unit that can read lot of things from the original CD and a burner capable to write lot of things on the backup CD (which is at least 'two sheeps') e.g. which can write an image file with all .SUB infos RAW-DAO or at least RAW-SAO - or you have to find a 'no-cd' patch to install on your PC after you installed the game, to make the game 'doesn't look for the original CD'.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004