1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned Games Freeze ? ...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Fred2004, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Fred2004

Fred2004 Guest

Hey, I have a new PS2 with a Magic V9 installed and I was wondering why this one game MOH Front Line will freeze during game play at different stages.. Do these games have to be burned at 2X and what is the best software to use ? Currently I use Alcohol 120% to create the DVD-Rom PS2 image frime right from the origional disc.. Then I burn this image to a DVD+R at 2.4x ... Is there something that I'm doing wrong or could it be that the laser is so sensetive that the fine scracthes on the disc are causing the game to freeze ? Please any help with this would be great!

Thanks!

2. modsRus

modsRus Member

You are right on track by using alcohol, but I never burn at 2 or 4, even though my burner can. The slower you burn, the better your copy. Don't copy on the fly. The best copies are made by making an image on the hard drive, then burning that image to your disc.

3. Fred2004

Fred2004 Guest

This is what I do is create the image from the PS2 disc then burn the image to disc.. What burn speed do you use to burn your games ?

4. modsRus

modsRus Member

X1, or lowest speed offered.