1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned Games Stop Working

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by xloud, Jul 18, 2007.

1. xloud

xloud Member

I have a Wii that I installed a WiiKey in a few months ago. I have burned several iso's all of which worked originally. However, some of the disks simply stop working after a couple weeks. After inserting the disks in question, I get one of two errors: a question mark screen saying Unable to Read, or a black screen with white lettering saying to remove the disk and restart.

Has anyone else seen this happen? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks

2. onjai2000

onjai2000 Member

I got my NTSC-J Wii for less than an hour and then then it stopped working. Backup games worked for 20minutes and then stopped loading. Original games still work fine. Did you find out the problem and solution?

Thanks.

3. xloud

xloud Member

Still seems kinda hit and miss. Reburning the backup games seems to fix it tho, so it seems like the discs are becoming unreadable. I have used several different brands, HP, TDK, Verbatim, at various speeds, and still get the same results. Some games work for a month, some for a week, some for a day, and some never stop working. I really have no idea.

4. onjai2000

onjai2000 Member

man this is weird, because the backup games I tried worked and still works with my friend's Wii. I tried many backup games and NONE of them worked after it stopped working on day 1... bummer... I'm going to try one more time before bringing it back to the shop.

5. xloud

xloud Member

If NO burned games work ever now on your Wii, it could be that the modchip has become dislodged. One of the solder joints on one of the pins could have come loose. If you didnt do the soldering yourself, maybe take it back to whoever modded it for you.