1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned: I get a blank disk and temp image on my drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CAS, Nov 1, 2003.

1. CAS

CAS Member

Ok, maybe I'm a newbie of newbies, but I've read most guides, FAQ's, threads, and searched endlessly for an answer so I have to post a question.

I use DVD Shrink 3 beta 5 to rip and author, then Nero 5 to burn. But after all this I end up with a blank DVD+R and an image on my drive with the statement "ready to be written." Maybe it has something to do with the following. When I try to choose my recorder in Nero it only shows an image recorder which says it's a virtual device. Along with this there are many features and buttons greyed out that, according to the guides, should be enabled.

I'm running XP and an NEC DVD+RW ND1100A.

Is there a wizard or something I have to disable? I'm sick of all the new XP idiot-friendly crap on this thing.

Thanks all :)

2. CAS

CAS Member

Ok, I figured out this is because I chose the image recorder (and now understand what that is so I feel dumb :).

But now my subquestion stands which is why isn't my installed recorder recognized by Nero? How do I make it recognize since I can't autodetect a recorder?

Thanks!

3. stewlsa

stewlsa Guest

I also use DVD shrink but not Nero I use Easy cd Creator v5. You need at least 6 gig of free space. You need to set up a folder called VIDEO_TS on your hard drive to store the video files into. Use Shrink and select analysis to make sure you have the best image quality (takes about an hour)Once you have done this select backup and then select the VIDEO_TS folder on the hard drive where Shrink is to backup the files to. Then back up the disk only if the line at the top of the screen is completely green. If there is ANY red then you have to delete something, I usually delete the 6 channel sound. Once backup has finished (another hour) test the file on your hard drive by running it through Intervideo WinDVD or some other video player. If it works with sound then all you have to do is burn the VIDEO_TS folder onto a DVD. Hope this helps.