1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned iso ps2 game works but screen wont stop fliping help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dragon766, Feb 21, 2007.

1. dragon766

dragon766 Member

k i have burned the iso file with no probs i have a mod chip in my ps2 but when the game loads everything works but the screen keeps flipping kinda like the v hold is screwed anybody have the answer to this prob

2. razorps2

razorps2 Member

the problem is wit ur television :try adjusting the v.hold```````````
    ``if ur t.v has it

3. steimy

steimy Active member

most likely you have a game from another region, and either your mod chip or TV is having a problem with it. This could be for many reasons. Does your mod chip have a force mode?
    Meaning that you can set it to force all games you play to your region, like mine has a force NTSC and force PAL mode.

4. dragon766

dragon766 Member

how would i check if i have force mode or not i just bought this ps2 and had no instruction on how the mod chip works i just got some games iso's and some work some don't but my ps2 says modbo not sure if this helps or not lol i've tried the vhold and its not that as far as i know could it just be that i can only p[lay ntsc games or pal

5. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.modbo.com/home.htm
    i would start your search there, but not knowing which model Modbo you have will make it hard.
    try this:
    Press TRIANGLE + CIRCLE to enter the configuration menu
    Modbo 3.0 does have force modes.

6. dragon766

dragon766 Member

the triangle plus circle worked it says ver 1.82 does that mean i can only burn specic iso's i appreciate everybodys time in answering my ?s

7. dragon766

dragon766 Member

k well in the modbo options it shows this ps2 screen fix color,ntsc,pal60,vga...
    underneath that it says y screen fix auto,+5,-5,+10,-10,+15,-15,+20,-20
    k so my ? is there a specific setting for me to play ntsc or pal games or is there a setting to configure so i can do both or does at least one of these settings stop the v hold going crazy lol i cant figure out if the game was ntsc or pal but its that shrek racing i got dance dance revolution to work but that did'nt say either ntsc or pal thanks for the feed back