1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned movies over and over and over again, always choppy at the end in DVD player.

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mikeone, Feb 4, 2005.

1. mikeone

mikeone Guest

I have tried using Nero, 1Click DVD 4.1, and mainly DVD Shrink. I have tried vairous ways of burning them, but I always get choppyness at the end. I even changed the specs to 4300 but that made it worse! What the hell. I have a new dual layer dvd burner.
    The dma thing was already set. If you can't tell I've been searching this site. Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

P.S. I have Memore DVD+R, I know I've heard the bad things about them, but come on they got to be somewhat able to make decent copies...

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

What is your burn speed?
    Not using your computer and all programs off when ripping/burning?
    Tried different media?, and maybe a RW would be a good idea while you are having problems.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

After using all those programs,target at 4300 mbs and you still have "choppiness", sounds like memore media.

Are you trying to compress main movie only or entire dvd?

How fast are you burning?
    Is your hard drive fragmented?
    Are you using labels?
    Are you multi-tasking?
    Is the choppiness showing up on your pc player"using the drive that burned it",or on a stand alone player?

Never heard of Memore media. Did you mean memorex?
    Memorex make decent copies? only about 10% of memorex are good- "prodiscs-"....c-magnetics make a lot of them,very poor.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Make sure that there are no programs running in the background. To make sure try this:

Start
    Run
    Type in: msconfig
    Click: OK
    Click: Startup Tab
    Click: Disable All
    Click: OK
    Click: restart

Now you have cleared any program that might be a cause.

When your PC starts back up, make sure you leave the settings this way when asked again and then try another burn.

If you get the same results you now know that it wasn’t a program running in the background causing the problem.

You can reverse the disable by doing the same thing above, but this time click enable all and then OK.

5. mikeone

mikeone Guest

Yes, it is Memorex.

But it's slightly choppy during play and then not so very much so on the end.

6. mikeone

mikeone Guest

That's on my Samsung DVD player 709.

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Slow down your burn speed and see if your samsung plays it better.

The less you compress the movie,the better it should play.

No multi-tasking,leave the pc alone during the entire dvd backup process,turn off the internet.

You're not giving us much info to go by.