1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned movies wont copy!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by beermanrg, Jan 14, 2005.

1. beermanrg

beermanrg Member

I cant seem to copy a burned movie. After about 56% using nero, it gives me a read data error and aborts.
    I can view the burned copy fine and it doesnt seem to have any problems on playback. I use good disks and do no multi-tasking. One thing-i do have a label on the burned copy, is there a problem when it reads before copying? I have no problem during shrink process and it burns from the original just fine.
    Help!!!!

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Try taking the label off. I'm sure the jitter caused by the off-balance sue to the label doesn't help in reading it.

3. beermanrg

beermanrg Member

Thanks for the help. is there anything anyone knows about that will get those sticky labels off.?

4. elliott

elliott Regular member

goo gone perhaps, but try removing some of it first, usually a little heat helps but since it is a disc i wouldn't try it. one question what program did you use to rip it and have you tried burning with dvd decrypter its freeware on the is site.

5. beermanrg

beermanrg Member

i do have decrypter but not sure how to burn with it. It always uses nero i guess by default. Can Decrypter copy and burn just like nero?

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Not like Nero. DVD Decrypter does 2 things. It is a ripper and can be used to burn. DVD Decrypter only burns in ISO. You would have to set Shrink to encode an ISO image and then set up to burn with Decrypter in ISO mode. I'd stick to the Nero.

[bold]What discs do you call good?[/bold] Supply the brand. If you want to know what you're actually using, download DVD Identifier. Then you can supply us with the manufacturer code so we can know exactly what you're using. Brands sometime sell more than one manufacter's item in the same line.

Heating a label with a hair dryer will make it easier to peel off. Just don't try to melt it. Office Max and others sell label removing liquids. Just make sure it isn't a petroleum base or something that will damage the disc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  7. zombieman

zombieman Regular member

actually you wouldnt have to do anything rather than use dvddecrypter in ISO mode. Being that the dvd you are copying has already be reauthored and is less than 4.37gig. Just make a image of the disk using ISO mode in decrypter and then write it using the write mode in decrypter.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  8. brobear

brobear Guest

What program in the Nero suite are you using to try to copy the movie?

I have a number of discs with stick on labels and the labels are not causing problems yet. As long as they're put on with a tool and centered properly, they shouldn't affect the balance. Doing it by hand and getting it off balance can be a problem. They can be a problem when they start to break down as well. I've started labeling my discs with a marker; cheap and effective with fewer problems to worry with.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Actually, since he has Nero, all he has to do is open Startsmart, select Copy Disc and let Nero Express burn the copy.

If a problem is happening into the burn, I can't see another program doing much better than Nero. Download DVDInfoPro, free, and see if the disc has write errors about the point where you say you're having problems. You'll be able to tell by the position on the graph if write errors show up.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

zombieman,
    Glad you pointed out the 4.37GB file size for the size limit of a DVD5 disc. DVD Decrypter can't encode, so that is it's limit. As I mentioned, it is only a ripper and burner. For a copy the disc would have to be in ISO. Otherwise, he would have to rip the disc in ISO Read to the hard drive and then use ISO Write mode to do the burn. That will work if the copy will rip the copied disc. If the DVD Shrink recorded the original with default settings, the copy was made in File mode. This sounds like a read problem, we'll see.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

error

12. brobear

brobear Guest

error

13. brobear

brobear Guest

error

14. brobear

brobear Guest

error - AD system was acting funny and timing out.

15. Paladore

Paladore Member

this is a little different but to copy a copy just use the old fashioned select all the files in your dvd drive and right click copy and put into a folder and paste. If there are errors try again, what ever is already pasted will stay there and usually it will eventually read and then you can use nero to create a movie, it creats your video-ts directory adn everything for you and will work normally. Just a little trick ive learned.