1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burned ps2 cd's

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by rentyman, Dec 5, 2004.

1. rentyman

rentyman Member

ok i have an unmoded ps2 and just burned a ps2 game to the dvd with my dvd+rw and playstation 2 is saying "Please insert a plastation or playstation format disk"

I have read alot of the forums on here and im gettin bits and peices on what to do. =/

Do i need a mod chip? there a way to play backup games on a non moded ps2 without payin for anything special for it?

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

to boot backup games requires the use of a no swap mod chip or a boot disc used in combination with the flip top or slide card

3. rentyman

rentyman Member

will they work for my version of the ps2? i think mine is current..not the super thin 1. where can i get these items?

4. hursty

hursty Active member

check out swap magic3 official web page,this will give all the info you need. wwwswapmagic3.com.

5. superstui

superstui Regular member

In my opinion, I would go with a mod or a hd for your PS2 not swap or slide card becuse it is a real pain to do it every time you wanna play a game. Also, they ware out your PS2's laser and it's lifetime is gonna drop.

I got a hd for my PS2 and i am in love with it

6. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

well i've been doin the swap method on my v4 ps2 for over 4 years and its still running perfectly. So if it wears out the laser, then it takes a pretty long time. And i have no problem swapping, the whole 15 seconds it takes doesn't bother me. But, it's a preference issue.

7. jigga3900

jigga3900 Guest

can anyone e-mail me the hd loader software or a copy of the magic swap software please my e-mail address is noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2004
  8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ jigga3900

No posting email addies - forum rules.

9. rentyman

rentyman Member

hmm so there is no way of makin a working burn on a dvd? must have mod chip or flip top? hmm ok.. thx (im so glad i have a coputer!)

yes jig if u read the rules you wouldn't have to spend time typin in ur email addy.. use private msg.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  10. superstui

superstui Regular member

rentyman go with a hd for your PS2. trust me. i'm not against swap or anything, but i just heard that it quickly becomes a pain in the...

btw don't mod your PS2 by yourself anybody. I'm an average guy and I fried my PS2 trying to do it myself to save a little $$$$$$$

;)

11. rentyman

rentyman Member

will i be able to play burned dvd ps2 games with out a mod chip or swap? i can do it with a hd? where do i get 1?

12. superstui

superstui Regular member

to play burned PS2 dvd games you either need swap magic slid card or mod. bottom line.

but, if you have a burned copy of a game, then you must of had the original somewhere, so just use the orginal and put it on your hd.

there is one way to put PS2 burned games on your hd but you must go through your comp.

it's the same thing as downloading a PS2 game off irc or something then sending it to your PS2 hd.

13. superstui

superstui Regular member

it sounds really complicited but its not.

p.s. you need the hd loader disk or files to use a PS2 hd.

check this out

14. rentyman

rentyman Member

is there a ps2 hd thats over 100GB? for around 100 bucks? where do i get this mod chip?

15. superstui

superstui Regular member

My hd is 120gb
    You can find mods anywhere just use that little button caled : search

I wouldn't know who is a good mod installer is cause i tried to do it myself.

16. togun2032

togun2032 Member

Hey guys, I need some major help. I am going to college soon and id like to backup some of my games. I was wondering if there was a mod chip that i can buy that will allow me to put in my PS2 game into my computer and simply burn the game to a cd-r or dvd-r disk, then just pop it into my PS2 and play it(maybe this is what all mod chips do, im not sure).

17. superstui

superstui Regular member

yes that is what all mod chips do. Yep you can do that with your computer if you have a mod ;)

18. togun2032

togun2032 Member

Wow that sounds great. So i wouldn't have to download any bio's or any weird files in order to burn the games? And also, which mod do you recommend, and where do you recommend i get it installed?

19. superstui

superstui Regular member

well, what mod you should get kinda depends on what SCPH number your PS2 has. So check that and then get back to me. Also, I tried to install a mod myself and...well.. I guess I kinda thought I knew what I was doing but in reality I really screwed up my PS2.

ADVICE TO ALL: Don't try and mod your own PS2 if your not 110% at soldering!!!!

I screwed up my own PS2 trying to mod it myself and had to spend 150$ for a new one. Just send it in to somebody to have them do it for you!!!!

20. togun2032

togun2032 Member

pt115037519