1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned VCD extract and backup to dvd-r?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by jimmyp604, Feb 6, 2007.

1. jimmyp604

jimmyp604 Member

Can someone please help me, I am totally lost when it comes knowing about vcds. I have a whole bunch of movies on VCD that I wish to backup to DVD-R disks, but the vcds are already burned and I don't have any clue about what program I can use to extract it and convert it without losing the quality

If anyone could be kind enough to lend a hand to someone who is in desperate need of help, it would be greatly greatly appreciated

James Peterson

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

vcd's are verry low quailty files, so you are wanting to put theese on a dvd right'? i am sure that theese vcd's are downloaded right? if you are going to spend the money to put theese on a dvd you would be better off just geting the orignal dvd and make a backup of that, so you will know that you are getting the best quailty to put on your dvd also you will be able to get the great audio, also if you are set on doing this vcd to dvd the best software to use would be convertxtodvd, just copy the vcd files from the cd and put the files in a folder on your hard drive and use convertxtodvd to do your converting, good luck