1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burned xbox360 game using imgburn but my xbox gives me play dvd error

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Rad0n, May 14, 2011.

1. Rad0n

Rad0n Member

I have downloaded Portal 2, stealth patched it using abgx360 it seems to be good then burn it on dvd+rdl disc using imgburn the log goes well, i also verified it and the verification is all clear, but when i put it on my xbox 360 it says play dvd instead of play game.. tell me if this is a wave 4 or wave 5 game problem in which i have to use a boot disc. i dont have ixtreme lt+ update,infact i think i have ixtreme less than 1.5

Please help me with it, i really love this game

2. GI2

GI2 Regular member

3. gnoby

gnoby Regular member

It seems like you already know what to do. With old firmware you will need to wave patch the game to play it or you could try the "activate.iso".

Your not giving me enough clues to guess your firmware version but if it's 1.5 you need to patch to wave 3 if it's 1.4 or lower you might need to patch to wave 2.

Doing this will make the update on the disc unreadable so you will need to either rip the update off the disc or download it and install it manually from a flash drive.

You probably burned the game right the first time, 75% of the steps in the guide posted above are useless. Keep in mind that double posting will make you a little more gay every time.

4. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

update to LT+ before you do anything else

5. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

If it worked better than the free apps out thr (namely ImgBurn and CloneCD) maybe it should be considered, but it doesn't, so it shouldn't.

360 and Wii games can be burned with almost anything, so why pay for Cookies?

Last edited: May 15, 2011
  6. outtatime

outtatime Guest

spammer spammed edited by ddp

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
  7. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Don't be an idiot. Cookies is just a copy of imgburn. You need to update to LT+ to boot new games period.

8. Kindghost

Kindghost Member

I have the same problem here.. i copied the game and verify it but when i insert it into my xbox it says play dvd and freeze on xbox 360 screen.
    i don't know what is the problem... i have xbox 360 250GB .. and i update my xbox 2 days ago.
    i used imation DVD+R DL
    cd device TSST corp DVD+-RW TS-L633C ATA Device

Please advice.

Thanks