1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner Giving me a difficult time!??

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by dazila, Feb 17, 2007.

1. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Now it just gets weirder :)

Maybe a conflict going on somewhere - the problem is finding out where.
    Just my experience w/ decrypter & ImgBurn - they're usually pretty problem free.

2. binkie7

One thought - I haven't had Alcohol installed in a long time but have read were on some pc's uninstalling Alcohol and it's virtual drive cleared things up. Just a thought - might want to try it.

3. dazila

dazila Regular member

Just on note should have said it earlier about 2 weeks ago my Drive wouldnt be recongnized by windows and had an error and the disabled Virtual Drives wouldnt disaper maybe something with that INcident now if only i knew what cause it I think it was alcohol.
    Ill give uninstalling a try
    I will post back.

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

I seroioulsy am Starting to lose my nerve I mean WTF!
    I dont get what the Problem is?
    When Im Making and ISO the buffer rises to 100% slowing the Read down but during the burn it wont stay up?
    WHile I have a tone of resorces left over???
    COuld it be nero 7 Does it cause stuff like this?

5. binkie7

Are you burning on the fly? One reason why the buffer would act up like that.

Yeah depending on the # of virtual drives and which ones along with the everything else on the pc can sometimes screw things up.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@dazila

It's them damn aliens causing your drive to mess up. Haven't you figured that out? Couldn't resist. Sorry to hear your drive is acting up. Binkie knows her stuff, so you're getting good help.

7. dazila

dazila Regular member

I dont understand little more explenation?

Well I just Uninstalled alcohol,checkd hard drive for errors and still nothing.
    Im starting to think that something in my registry is doing this could be of a program that I uninstaled and all the Keys werent removed out of the registry?
    Well this is getting annoying/
    I doubt its the IDE cable as it can read with other programs but I really need Decyptor and IMG burn to work as its what I use for the Ps2 but This Drive Is connected via a 40wire IDE cable while my harddrive is on a 80wire IDE cable if I were to put a 80wire on the drive would it or might it fix it but I myself have doubts as the cable as ive seen is still capable of 16x just not in Alcohol which is now gone,IMG burn or Decryptor but why do Nero and PowerISO work whats so different about them to the other 3?

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@dazila

What he means ( burning on the fly) is, are you trying to copy from the disc directly to another disc without having the data ripped to the HDD first. Burning on the fly is just asking for trouble, it can be done but the product is not always very good.

9. dazila

dazila Regular member

Nah not on the fly as this PC has only one drive I do burn on the Fly with my 2 phillips in my Pentium 4 but I use this one more for PS2 games.

10. binkie7

I guessing a conflict somewhere too. If it was all programs doing the same thing then ide cable maybe - but doesn't look like the case here.

Yeah even uninstalling and running a registry cleaner doesn't always remove everything. Some programs dig in pretty deep.
    You can clean the registry out yourself manually - just be careful cause removing the wrong things can screw things up.
    If you do that make a back up of the registry and set a system restore point right before - just in case :)

11. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

Binkie & Garmon: I bought two Lite-On from Newegg and have installed them (it took about 20 minutes) and they are working well. I have burned a couple of movies on each of them and they are first rate. Thanks for the suggestion and help

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

frbernard

See how easy that was. Now try burning two at a time with Nero! LOL

13. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

Garmon: I am having difficulty using Nero to burn even one! How would I go about doing two?

14. binkie7

Hey frbernard
    What kind of problems are you having burning one? Maybe we can help sort it out for you.

The option to burn to multiple burners is in burning rom. If you had 2 drives to burn to -save the file to your hard drive then use burning rom to burn to both burners at once.
    Or if you had 3 can read from 1 and burn to 2 using burning rom.

Good to hear you got the drives up and going too!

15. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Cincyrob just got the 18X Lite-on and it won't burn TYs except in ImgBurn.

16. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

garmon: I burned several TYs on my new Lite-Ons and they were just fine.

17. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

Binkie:I will try that. So far, my problem with Nero seems to be that I don't know enough about to know if it is the problem or I am. I try the backup option and it reads but then doesn't burn. I don't know if I am missing a step or what. I indicate which burner to read and which to burn, but then it just doesn't read. The new burners work just perfectly when I use CloneDVD, so it is not a problem with the burners.

18. binkie7

Which option in Nero are you using? Like Recode, Express etc.

Doing a DVD back up?

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Sounds like he's compressing with Recode. Just before you push the burn button you should check which burner you want the program to use and have a blank in the drive and the original in the other drive if using anydvd. Recode will analyze, encode and then burn all in sequence with the push of the burn button. Set it and forget it. set it to do deep analysis and slow encoding if the compress is high. Not needed if much over 90% (10% actual compression)

20. frbernard

frbernard Regular member

I'm not certain what I was using. Thanks, guys, I will try it the way you have suggested.