1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner Problem

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by AlucardXX, Dec 3, 2007.

1. AlucardXX

AlucardXX Member

I have a Sony DVD RW DW-D26A, it was working fine until now, it won't read but it will write. On the bottom of DVD Decrypter is says Device not ready (medium not present), and there's a movie in the drive. I upgraded the firmware and nothing, don't know if its cause I have it on Cable select. I have 2 burners the other one works fine same settings, I checked the IDE cable, switched them around and it still won't work, funny how it did and now it won't, why would that happen, I don't abuse it, hardly ever burn anything so it can't be that. Any Ideas would help alot.

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

dont switch cables, try uninstalling your drivers, then reinstalling, although this should have been done during the firmware update
    have you tried burning with another burning software?
    decrypter maybe interfering with firmware/drivers

boot into safe mode first

start>my computer, right click> properties> hardware tab> device manager> dvd/cd-rom devices

uninstall the driver

boot into normal windows setting and upon login you will prompted to
    install new drivers

3. AlucardXX

AlucardXX Member

I did all that, after the drivers I thought about the cables, after that I remember the firmware and still won't work. I have 2 burners the other one works fine with either IDE cable, but my sony one works once in a while, but only burns it can't seem to detect movies, only blank cds, if you put a movie in it'll say the drive is empty, odd. I tried using DVDfad HD Decryptor 4, I hear it would help get rid of those error=400 messages that I get with my sony burner but still won't seem to work, I only had it a year it cost me $200 can't die yet..nooooooo!!!!