1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner Question or Survey ? some help please!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by woodytool, Apr 2, 2005.

1. woodytool

woodytool Member

I have been doing lots of reading on this site and have noted that there seems to be a lot of talk about mainly 2 different types of Burners. Plex Prem, and Lite on. I find my self making dozens of copys as my kids use em for disks to sand my floors. having said that , I would like to buy a better Burner for my system but dont really know which one to buy, does anyone have a non bias opition on which is better a Plex Prem or the Lite . Right now I have a Samsung cd-r/rw sw-248B and a Sony DVD rw DRU-540A. And or do should I buy a new one?? thanks for any advise on this.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I would go with the Plextor Premium. I got it cause it was highly recommended for backing up pc games.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It'll be hard to get a truly unbiased opinion around here but for my money there's no better than the Plextor Premium. The quality is second to none and I've used mine to breeze through SafeDisc up to 3.20.022 and SecuROM 5.03 using BlindWrite 5 and BlindWrite 4.57.

4. woodytool

woodytool Member

Thanks for the info guys. I was heading towards the Plextor Prem any way but U guys do a hole lot more of this stuff than I, So Ill talke your word for it . And thanks again, I really appreciate it.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anytime :)