1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burner slow down and DVD flicks

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by kerry9050, Feb 9, 2005.

1. kerry9050

kerry9050 Guest

i started using DVD shrink about 2 months ago everything worked great I was getting perfect copys UNTIL about a week ago all of a sudden my burning process went from 8% a minute, or 13-15 minutes for the whole movie. now I am only burning at 4% and it's taking anywhere from 30-40 minutes for the burn process and it's only since the burn speed slow down that I get the flicks in the final product. COuld someone please try to help me.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Check your IDE controllers in your device manager. They should be set on DMA not PIO. If you can't get them to stay on DMA, remove the IDE controllers from the Manager list, then reboot and Windows should reinstall them properly in DMA

Jerry

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Did you change anything with the media you are using? examples:switched brand,format, or even switched to another spindle,different quantity packaging.

What brand/format/and speed rate? example:tdk-r 4x.

4. kerry9050

kerry9050 Guest

thanks saugmon & jerry 746 i'll try your suggestions and let you know how things turn out

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member