1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burner Unable To Recognize Double Layer Discs Using Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by kdeez, Jun 26, 2007.

1. kdeez

kdeez Member

Hello eveyone - first time poster here!

I'm using a Sony DRU-800UL external DVD writer, and using the Nero OEM package that came with it. I have burned hundreds of CD's and DVD's successfully, with less than a handful of coasters. Running Windows XP Home, with SP2.

Here's the problem:
    I decided to finally give the double layer burning option a try, so I bought some Memorex DVD+R DL discs.

I began to create the project in NeroVision Express 3.0.1.34, and it told me that I only had a single layer disc in the DVD writer. Yet in the advanced options at the bottom part of the project, when I clicked on 'disc info, it showed that I did have a double layer disc in the writer.

Thinking that the problem might have been with the writer, I cancelled out of the program and downloaded and installed the latest firmware for the writer. This did not help, which leads me to believe that the problem may lie somewhere within Nero.

I'd like to ask if anyone elso has had this problem, and if anyone can possible point me in the right direction as to solving it. I did a search in the forums, but didn't really see any information on my problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer - Ken

2. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

Hi kdeez,

I don't have Nero in front of me right now but I do believe that at the bottom of Nero Vision you can change the size to dvd-9 for dual layer.

On a side note: A lot of members here frown upon Memorex as being bad media. That's why I have never brought Memorex. I only use Verbatims and Taiyo Yudens.

3. kdeez

kdeez Member

Thanks naysayin,

I'm looking at the NeroVision screen and I just don't see an option to change the disc type from DVD-5 to DVD-9.

What bothers me is that Nero recognizes the disc size in the disc info, but not in the project timeline.