1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNER WONT BURN AT 4X ANYMORE HELP!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by raq, Mar 12, 2005.

1. raq

raq Guest

I HAVE A I/O MAGIC DUAL FORMAT 4X DVD REWRITABLE DRIVE!
    I USE DVD SHRINK V-3.2.0.15 TO ENCODE MY BACKUPS!
    I USE NERO 6 ULTRA EDITION V-6.6.0.8"just recently upgraded from v-6.0.0.1"
    I USE TDK,MEMOREX,SONY,DVD+R 4X BLANK MEDIA!
    .FOR THE FIRST 6 months..MY DVDBURNER WOULD BACKUP DVD'S @4X SPEED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS...THEN OUT OF THE BLUE I NOTICED THAT MY BURN SPEED WAS STUCK @ 2.4X REGAURDLES OF MY SETTING PREFFERENCES...IVE TRIED FIRMWARE UPDATES,IVE UPDATED NERO6,I EVEN DOWNLOADED THE LATEST ADAPTEC XP FILES..AND I STILL HAVE THIS PERFORMANCE LOSS IN MY DVD BURNERS SPEED CAPABILITIES!!IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM..OR MAYBE POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IT WOULD BE GREATELY APPRICIATED!

2. wessybeck

wessybeck Guest

3. Webuser

Webuser Member

Not knowing whether or not your burner supports dvd-r, but try using dvd-r 8x.(decent brand), as dvd-r are are more compatible with standalone dvd players Even if your burner can not burn at 8x it should still burn at 4x. I had a similar problem I upped the speed on the media and all is well.

4. Webuser

Webuser Member

After reading the thread again I see you have a dual format burner. Sorry for not paying attention. Just thinking about your problem. Have you tried a system restore to the time when it was working? This can usually solve a host of problems. Also have you checked to make sure that your machine is free of spyware?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2005